DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated firmware but no RID # given for Mavic 2 Pros

Karen Gates

Reactions
?? I updated the Mavic 2 Pro firmware, the remote control, the GO 4 app, and the DJI assistant with the new RID firmware update from DJI Nov. 6th. However, no RID # shows up in the "About". It does not show that it is installed. I've then gone back and refreshed the update but still no #. Is anyone else having this issue?

RID SN not showing up on Mavic 2 Pro controller after firmware updates
Unless you update your firmware outdoors the problem is the controller's 20 digit RID compliant SN beginning with 1581F will not show up. Once your controller finds satellites outdoors, the controller SN will change to show the compliant SN. Go back inside and the SN reverts to the 18 character non RID compliant SN.
With my average intelligence, it only took a few hours to figure this out.

?? I updated the Mavic 2 Pro firmware, the remote control, the GO 4 app, and the DJI assistant with the new RID firmware update from DJI Nov. 6th. However, no RID # shows up in the "About". It does not show that it is installed. I've then gone back and refreshed the update but still no #. Is anyone else having this issue?
Have you restarted all devices and entered your registration info

RID SN not showing up on Mavic 2 Pro controller after firmware updates
Unless you update your firmware outdoors the problem is the controller's 20 digit RID compliant SN beginning with 1581F will not show up. Once your controller finds satellites outdoors, the controller SN will change to show the compliant SN. Go back inside and the SN reverts to the 18 character non RID compliant SN.
With my average intelligence, it only took a few hours to figure this out.
LOL How am I supposed to update my firmware outside? Will this work on the Smart Controller or just with a cellphone? It's all insane. We should tar and feather the people that came up with this RID nonsense.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne