DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated firmware last night, ZERO problems! :)

Updated the firmware on my 2 week old mini last night, took it for a couple flights this morning (3 batteries worth of air time). ZERO problems and so happy to be able to change exposure and white balance on the fly!!
got my mini last Friday! :)...love this little toy>>>> been flying as is without updating firmware Im afraid of error message so far it good. at some point will need to do the update. how you did it? I know there are two ways of doing it..!!

I did it via the DJI Fly app. Pretty easy, there's how to vids from DJI on YT. Updated the remote the same way, they never asked about updating batteries.

What surprised me though, after getting the "return to base and install new propellers warning" three times (on 3 flights) after about 10-15 minutes in the air, with my MM performing perfectly, was the prompt to update the batteries. This was the first time I had ever heard about that. Anyway, I did update the batteries and since then I've flown it hard and long in C, P, and S Modes without issue, even though I hit some branches the other day, which roughed up half the propellers and took a small chip out of one of them. After that incident, the little beast has never flown better. My initial response when all this started was to order new propellers and I have three sets from three different suppliers; DJI, Amazon (Carbon), and Baggood.Com. None of them cost very much and all were about $12 for a set, screws included. With the first two suppliers I mentioned, the props are all coded on the tips to identify the two types; Left Front and Right Rear are the same as are the Right Front and Left Rear are. But when I closely examine all them, I can't see any difference in any of them. But as we all go through the various questions and answers, I really appreciate these Forums. Fun to learn.

Reactions: Dbez1 and Hodge
What surprised me though, after getting the "return to base and install new propellers warning" three times (on 3 flights) after about 10-15 minutes in the air, with my MM performing perfectly, was the prompt to update the batteries. This was the first time I had ever heard about that. Anyway, I did update the batteries and since then I've flown it hard and long in C, P, and S Modes without issue, even though I hit some branches the other day, which roughed up half the propellers and took a small chip out of one of them. After that incident, the little beast has never flown better. My initial response when all this started was to order new propellers and I have three sets from three different suppliers; DJI, Amazon (Carbon), and Baggood.Com. None of them cost very much and all were about $12 for a set, screws included. With the first two suppliers I mentioned, the props are all coded on the tips to identify the two types; Left Front and Right Rear are the same as are the Right Front and Left Rear are. But when I closely examine all them, I can't see any difference in any of them. But as we all go through the various questions and answers, I really appreciate these Forums. Fun to learn.

Interesting, I was prompted to apply a firmware update which I could sworn is what I did a week back. Anyway the update went fine but I only was prompted on 1 of 3 batteries to apply an update.
So when you received your battery update while flying did you finish your flight or RTH right away and do the update?
I'm wondering because I'm sure the other 2 batteries will eventually prompt to update.

Interesting, I was prompted to apply a firmware update which I could sworn is what I did a week back. Anyway the update went fine but I only was prompted on 1 of 3 batteries to apply an update.
So when you received your battery update while flying did you finish your flight or RTH right away and do the update?
I'm wondering because I'm sure the other 2 batteries will eventually prompt to update.
I noticed the prompt to update the batteries when I was scrolling through the menus in my kitchen. After I did that to my 3 batteries I took it out for some test flights and the prompt/warning to return to base and change the propellers never (so far) came up again. So of course, I wonder what role the un updated batteries played in all of this.

I have installed new update, but have not received any message to update battery firmware. How do you do that if and when message appears. I have 22 flights on the Mini?

I have installed new update, but have not received any message to update battery firmware. How do you do that if and when message appears. I have 22 flights on the Mini?
It seems to fly just fine with the message on the screen, but I think it would be best to land it. I got the message 3 times as I would continue to fly it, then after I updated the batteries, I've not had them pop up since. I don't get it.

It seems to fly just fine with the message on the screen, but I think it would be best to land it. I got the message 3 times as I would continue to fly it, then after I updated the batteries, I've not had them pop up since. I don't get it.
After reading this thread I thought there might be a new firmware. So I attached the drone to Assistant/computer and (after plugging in/out about 3 times to connect) I got "inconsistent firmware message" so I gather it updated the battery since the firmware on the drone was the latest. I guess I should do the other two batteries.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom