DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated Mavic Color Profile Recommendations

New in town, and would also like an update on what profile the pro's use.
Would be nice to have an up-to-date thread on this topic, since the color profiles seems to shift on fw-updates.
So; Is DCinelike still the best? I've heard that changes have been made on D-Log, but is it enough?
Heard everyone loved the old Art-profile, how does this compare to the new one?

Alot of questions, but i know the pro's have all this figured out ;)

I switched to the new D-Log after hearing it had been improved. To be honest though I'm not impressed and I think i will switch back to Art or D-Cinelike. I'd also like an expert opinion.

Is @Frederick Hagan still active on here?
I am. Sorry my alert settings were all messed up. I'm still not a fan of D-Log in any capacity. It's still just too muddy and difficult to work with in post. D-Cinelike is still my go to post color profile.

Reactions: sirrraj
Thank you!
I did a similar test and my favorite ended up to be Film-H too, mainly due to the well balanced contrast. It does push the blues slightly, so greens end up a little too dark und seem undersaturated. Did you also apply the subsettings -1,-1,-1 when reviewing the profiles A-I, or was this just applied to D-Cinelike?

No no dont use sharpness -1 that is terrible. Tey minimum 0 best results for me +1

New in town, and would also like an update on what profile the pro's use.
Would be nice to have an up-to-date thread on this topic, since the color profiles seems to shift on fw-updates.
So; Is DCinelike still the best? I've heard that changes have been made on D-Log, but is it enough?
Heard everyone loved the old Art-profile, how does this compare to the new one?

Alot of questions, but i know the pro's have all this figured out ;)

My go to profile, especially for post color work, is still Cinelike. D-Log is still too muddy and difficult to work with in post. IMHO.

I'm a fan of Art with +1, 0, 0 . Very easy to color correct and produces great video.

-1 sharpness is great for inspire and phantom. It can be problematic on mavic with low light and low shutter, causing "water color effect".

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom