DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updates?

Citizen Flier

Reactions
Hey M2P Pals,
I haven't been flying much this past year. I was fairly competent at capturing aerial still photos. Just checking on updates, as I have a new photo project.
I heard awhile back about an FCC location transmission feature -??? I believe the start date of this was pushed back? I don't even recall what this is, so I have no key words to search for. Edit: is it Remote ID?
Can anyone provide update info on this and anything else NEW I should know?
I also found out awhile back that AIRMAP was defunct, but at the time, the alternatives were less than optimum. Any updates on that?
Thanks!
M2Pro with smart controller

Last edited:
Hey M2P Pals,
I haven't been flying much this past year. I was fairly competent at capturing aerial still photos. Just checking on updates, as I have a new photo project.
I heard awhile back about an FCC location transmission feature -??? I believe the start date of this was pushed back? I don't even recall what this is, so I have no key words to search for. Edit: is it Remote ID?
I also found out awhile back that AIRMAP was defunct, but at the time, the alternatives were less than optimum. Any updates on that?
Thanks!
Hi Citizen, I think you are talking about the Remote I.D.
FCC set a date for drones to have remote I.D. operating by September 2023.
It is still required, but they pushed back the date.
They will not 'enforce' the law until March 2024, but we are required to have it now.
If your drone does not have it built in, you must attach a compliant module by then.
My Mavic 3 Classic came with it when I bought it new.
I hear various DJI drones are being updated with remote I.D. via 'Updates".
Many models have been updated with more to come (from what I understand.)
I'm sure you will hear for several more members commenting with more
detailed information and links for you to research.
They are very knowledgeable and are more than happy to help you (us).

Hey M2P Pals,
Thanks!
You have to update the controller/aircraft firmware and download and install the latest version of GO4 from the dji website and install it for the remote ID to function. I just used the built in lighting browser on the smart controller to download GO4 from dji. The firmware update should prompt you the next time you start the smart controller, but you need to install the latest GO4 on your own from the website.

Reactions: MN.MavicFlyer
You have to update the controller/aircraft firmware and download and install the latest version of GO4 from the dji website and install it for the remote ID to function. I just used the built in lighting browser on the smart controller to download GO4 from dji. The firmware update should prompt you the next time you start the smart controller, but you need to install the latest GO4 on your own from the website.
I am not sure if I follow your post. Typically when I power on my M2P and SC at home and they are connected to my WiFi, I will get a message that there is an update(s) available.....not sure what you mean by updating the SC's GO4 from the DJI's website. If you don't mind, a clarification would be very helpful. Thx.

I am not sure if I follow your post. Typically when I power on my M2P and SC at home and they are connected to my WiFi, I will get a message that there is an update(s) available.....not sure what you mean by updating the SC's GO4 from the DJI's website. If you don't mind, a clarification would be very helpful. Thx.
The update notification you get is for the aircraft firmware, which does need to be updated for the remote ID functions. In addition you need to also update your GO4 app and that needs to be downloaded manually from the DJI website. The easiest way to do that is with the lightening browser that should already be in your smart controller. Just go to dji website, then find the download area, and then Mavic 2 section. Then download the latest GO4 version to the smart controller. Then go to the download folder using the file manager and then install GO4 which should be the top one on the list.
Then reboot and it should be ready to go.

The update notification you get is for the aircraft firmware, which does need to be updated for the remote ID functions. In addition you need to also update your GO4 app and that needs to be downloaded manually from the DJI website. The easiest way to do that is with the lightening browser that should already be in your smart controller. Just go to dji website, then find the download area, and then Mavic 2 section. Then download the latest GO4 version to the smart controller. Then go to the download folder using the file manager and then install GO4 which should be the top one on the list.
Then reboot and it should be ready to go.
Thank you very much for your detailed response....I cannot remember when I last updated GO4.

Thank you very much for your detailed response....I cannot remember when I last updated GO4.
Well you have to update it this time or it won't work. You'll get an error 180 (if I remember correctly) and it won't start the motors. After everything is updated it will work fine.

In addition you need to also update your GO4 app and that needs to be downloaded manually from the DJI website. The easiest way to do that is with the lightening browser that should already be in your smart controller. Just go to dji website then find the download area,
I also used the Lightning browser on the smart controller then downloaded it. I already had the app installed so all it did was ask if it should update it with the new version....I agreed and it updated right away with no problems.
Good luck !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne