DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

updates?

Attex

Reactions
Hey all been a while since I messed with my mavic pro. Maybe 2 years? It looks like there is a mavic 2 out now even. lol Anyways I just started it up and says it needs new firmware that will limit the distance it goes? I didnt do it and thought I would look here for a second to see if that is true. I didnt see anything. But is it ok to upgrade or are they limiting a bunch of stuff now?
Thanks in advance!

I just started it up and says it needs new firmware that will limit the distance it goes? I didnt do it and thought I would look here for a second to see if that is true.
Per the release notes:

1553460515574.png

After installing this firmware update (or newer updates), you'll need to be logged into DJI GO before taking off. Otherwise, the height and distance will be restricted.

Hey all been a while since I messed with my mavic pro. Maybe 2 years? It looks like there is a mavic 2 out now even. lol Anyways I just started it up and says it needs new firmware that will limit the distance it goes? I didnt do it and thought I would look here for a second to see if that is true. I didnt see anything. But is it ok to upgrade or are they limiting a bunch of stuff now?
Thanks in advance!

The software update that they want to install includes a back up NFZ module which is really difficult to remove if you ever want to. Which firmware version are you on now? You might be better off doing to custom firmware upgrade but that’s up to you. There are lots of people that wish they hadn’t upgraded but you’ll either need to upgrade the DJI way or do a custom upgrade to avoid the Chinese making decisions for you as to want you can and can’t do.

@brett8883 . I am currently on 1.03.0600 firmware. So just one version before the 1.03.0700 firmware . Is there any benefit to upgrading to the 1.03.0700 firmware version? I am sure there is a firmware file on the net that will just bump it one version if needed.

It would be best for you to not update the firmware. Go over to no limit drones and get their firmware and modded version of dji go 4. You will be much happier that you did. I updated mine and wish I didn't. It does cost a little but is well worth the 25-35 spent. No restrictions, no limits... For once the drone is all yours.

Jeff

Ok thanks for all your help!
Im having all sorts of other issues. DJI assistant 2 cant retreive my firmware. Calibrating camera gets stuck at 85%. been messing with this for a while and getting frustrated. lol

I like the nolimitdrones option although it would be needed for me to know if I was in a restricted area of airspace. The cost is pretty high as well.

Thanks in advance!
ive had my mpp for a little more than 2 yrs and after the last update my drone cannot fly in many areas my ph4 pro 2.0 can,my mpp cannot seem to fly faster than 21mph or travel more than 2500 ft out.

It would be best for you to not update the firmware. Go over to no limit drones and get their firmware and modded version of dji go 4. You will be much happier that you did. I updated mine and wish I didn't. It does cost a little but is well worth the 25-35 spent. No restrictions, no limits... For once the drone is all yours.

Jeff
i made the mistake of updating my mpp not a firmware update but the annoying one that pops up everytime i turn my drone on,now my mpp cannot move faster than 21mph including sport mode or travel out more than 2,200 ft,before the update i could do almost 40mph in sport mode and travel out almost 3miles not anymore,i have a ph4pro 2.0 that i will never update after that.

Reactions: mereflyer
I have the older firmware on the mp1 drone which works well and im reluctant to change it. My question is this I just bought a iphone 6s ( old phone 5s) and so i need to install the djigo4 app on the new iphone so ill get the latest version of go4. Is it ok to operate the mavic pro 1 using the latest go4 app but not upgrade the drone firmware and leave it as is ???

Jeff
can you give us some more info on this ??

Is it ok to operate the mavic pro 1 using the latest go4 app but not upgrade the drone firmware and leave it as is ???
Yes.

I have the latest firmware and updated Go4app
If I would have known now before the update
I would not have.!
It has made flying Mavic pro
Unsafe
The DJI go4app had let me down
To many times.

....cR

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads