DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating DJI Smart Controller

It depends how you update the firmware. When updated from DJI GO, all of the firmware is updated. When updated from the DJI Assistant 2 application, you choose which firmware to update.

The thing is, often the SC firmware update is behind what the rest of us get.
Also for the rest of us, the RC, app, and mobile OS get updated at separate times, whereas the SC I believe gets it all as one package.

Reactions: DougMcC and Auby252
Note that there is one firmware version (v01.00.0530 ) that requires the DJI Assistant 2 computer application, the rest can be done just through the controller itself.

Related question: how do you all like the DJI smart controller? I was about to buy it, but then I saw a horrible review on Amazon. Is it true that using it requires frequent frustrating calls to technical services?

Related question: how do you all like the DJI smart controller? I was about to buy it, but then I saw a horrible review on Amazon. Is it true that using it requires frequent frustrating calls to technical services?
havent you already posted this in 2 other threads?
I would suggest you read some of the related threads on the smart controller before asking this same question in numerous old threads.

Reactions: marcorasi1960
Thanks to all for their comments and for pointing me to the right places to find this information

For me works wonderful. No problems. One small inconvenient one time but in almost a year that is normal with any PC, phone or electronic devices.

Reactions: marcorasi1960
Thanks to all for their comments and for pointing me to the right places to find this information

Until they lock the thread - I think it is a wonderful device and I've had no real problems with it. Simple to setup, bright screen and fits in my case in place of the standard controller.

Will updating the go 4 app manually mess up future updates for the smart controller? Since the go4 app is part of the sc Rc app package what happens when a Rc sc release comes out If we manually update the go 4 app?

Hi all.
I'm having issues trying to get the same firmware update on Mavic2 zoom and Smart Controller on the dji assistant 2 for mavic, and getting vision sensor errors and have calibrated several times with still same issues and abnormal firmware on S C but there's no way I can change this on app as 4 different firmware versions.
Any help would be appreciated ? thanks

Attachments

• 20200807_173154.jpg
    20200807_173154.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 20200807_173202.jpg
    20200807_173202.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • 20200807_192550.jpg
    20200807_192550.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • 20200807_204421.jpg
    20200807_204421.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 20200807_204429.jpg
    20200807_204429.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20200807_214409.jpg
    20200807_214409.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20200809_122650.jpg
    20200809_122650.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20200809_124336.jpg
    20200809_124336.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20200809_131735.jpg
    20200809_131735.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 14
Hi Ravin. Cheers for your reply bud.
So it could be a fault with the drone then as ive calibrated the sensor several times and still getting vision sensor errors.
Dji sent me a email saying both drone and sc should be the same firmware.
Thanks

if you look at the screen it say current at the top which is the version on drone or controller, at the top of the list it tells you the versions, if your not upto date in the list it will say update where in the list yours says refresh if you want to.
as for the vision sensors I found that a bit tricky to calibrate mine, wouldn't work for me on either of my Samsung screens but in the end worked when I used an Acer screen, and to be honest I failed a few time doing it, it just seems a bit fiddley trying to point the drone where you need to.

if you look at the screen it say current at the top which is the version on drone or controller, at the top of the list it tells you the versions, if your not upto date in the list it will say update where in the list yours says refresh if you want to.
as for the vision sensors I found that a bit tricky to calibrate mine, wouldn't work for me on either of my Samsung screens but in the end worked when I used an Acer screen, and to be honest I failed a few time doing it, it just seems a bit fiddley trying to point the drone where you need to.
I have managed to get the sensors calibrated to 100% 3 or 4 times now and then tells me to restart the drone, but still getting the error.
Only had this drone for 1 month and flew it about 7 short times and was working fine, so could this be a faulty device as calibration was successful 3 times out of 15 very tricky lol.

if the sensors are clean with not even a little dirt or stuck bit of grass on them I don't really know what to suggest, no doubt someone will more than likely come along with other suggestions that know more about this sensor malarkey than I do.

if the sensors are clean with not even a little dirt or stuck bit of grass on them I don't really know what to suggest, no doubt someone will more than likely come along with other suggestions that know more about this sensor malarkey than I do.
Cheers mate for your help, im just sending it back to dji to see what problem is.

Hi all.
I'm having issues trying to get the same firmware update on Mavic2 zoom and Smart Controller on the dji assistant 2 for mavic, and getting vision sensor errors and have calibrated several times with still same issues and abnormal firmware on S C but there's no way I can change this on app as 4 different firmware versions.
Any help would be appreciated ? thanks
having the same problem. But i dont care, i still fly. dont need the sensors. Maybe just a bug and not a real problem? I calibrated as well and the issue remains.
I also refreshed all the firmware on the SC and the mavic 2 pro, just for fun, to have a "new" fresh system after all the latest updates.
So this error must be something in the firmware, because like i said, its all fresh and new.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada