DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating from 1.00.0400 to 1.00.0770. Yes, no, or maybe?

PropSpin

Reactions
Edited to correct my current FW version, it's .0400, not 0200...

It's been probably 2 years now since I've used my M2Pro and am getting back into it. Sadly, two of my four batteries dropped below the magic threshold and are now bricked, but that's another story.
Anyways, my current firmware is 1.00.0400, and it looks like the latest firmware is 1.00.0770. My questions are:
1. Is 0770 a good firmware, and along with that, have any additional restrictions, nuisances, etc. been added since 0400?
2. I have an older version of DJI Go 4 on my device, I think I'll need to update it to the latest in order to get the latest firmware? Or not? If the latest is not required, anybody know of a reason to NOT upgrade to the latest?

My device is an iPad Mini 4, OS version 12.1. DJI Go 4 version installed is 4.3.8. Of course, as of today, current version is 4.3.46.

Thanks for your help on this "quick start" as I go back and re-read operating manuals, updating processes, etc. to get back in the air.

Last edited:
I have been using FW 1.00.0770 since it came out and have absolutely no issues with it. I use the M2P together with the SC and the latest versions of Go4 and Litchi.

I am usually very careful with upgrading firmware, and I only do it after it has been out for some time.
I did upgrade to 0770 because it fixed an issue that could brick the battery, and it has worked perfectly fine.
Both my M2P's now have FW 1.00.0770 and I use Go4 3.28 on both. It has proven to be a very reliable and stable combination.

Thanks for the replies. I'm about to update to latest firmware and latest Go 4 version. I figure it'll be the last update I'll ever do for this bird. I'll also be doing another mod after the update to deal with my major grip about using DJI's products.
So this question is pretty much OBE for me, but anybody else that wants to comment, feel free. I plan on at least one more post here to report my experience within a week or two.

I'll also be doing another mod after the update to deal with my major grip about using DJI's products.
So this question is pretty much OBE for me, but anybody else that wants to comment, feel free. I plan on at least one more post here to report my experience within a week or two.
If this mod you are mentioning is DroneHacks, I would be very interested in your experience with it. I have been thinking of doing it myself, but first I need to get access to a PC with Windows 10...

If this mod you are mentioning is DroneHacks, I would be very interested in your experience with it. I have been thinking of doing it myself, but first I need to get access to a PC with Windows 10...
Yep, it is. Already downloaded the SW and made the license purchase. It was a bit of a pain to get my card accepted, I had to call my bank and have them first unfreeze my card which happened due to suspicious activity b/c currency is in euros, and they also needed to manually have the transaction go through.

I am using the DH certificate since it came out in August 2021. It works perfect with 1.00.0770.

Last edited:
I did the procedure, it went smoothly. Not sure when I'll be able to test it.
Hopefully if a firmware update to support remote ID is required, it won't break it.

The DJI Go 4 app, version 3.28.
No, there is no version number you say.
The number is 4.3.28 of the DJI GO 4 app.
You cannot remove the leading digit 4!
Only the older DJI GO app could have the 3 as first digit.
Please, be more accurate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220730-171134_APKPure.jpg
    Screenshot_20220730-171134_APKPure.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9

You are of course right. I meant DJI GO4 version 4.3.28

Only the older DJI GO app could have the 3 as first digit.
Please, be more accurate.
Yes, you are correct.
I didn't pay close enough attention, my mistake.
I know you cannot remove the leading digit 4!
I know an older DJI Go 4 app would have a 3 as the first digit.
Please don't be so pushy.

The other very helpful M2P and M2Z hack from Drone U is turning the Tripod mode switch into an ATTI mode switch on the your smart controller.
. You take off in P mode and when you get to your altitude of interest switch to ATTI mode and watch the direction of your drone in the wind drift and look at the controller for your wind drift speed. Make this check to know if you will be flying with or against the wind, especially when you push the range for any reason. You can change altitudes to find the optimal combination of reception and minimum upper wind. You will see the dramatic wind increases with altitude. Of course ATTI (GPS turned off) is also important for flying indoors when you don't want your drone to suddenly read satellites outside and crash because of it. Great everyday feature that I cannot understand why DJI did not include on their M2 series drones in the first place.

Reactions: PropSpin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest