DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating Software

if that is your bag then no problem, here in the UK,there is going to be drone registration, and an online test that will have to be taken if we want to fly legally,and although i realise that in the US there are many out of the way places, that you would probably not have to worry about law enforcement catching you in the air without being registered etc, things are very different in the UK by the way surely DJI know you have one of their drones or how did you set it up when you first purchased it
Yes, but we have no police to enforce anything.

They don’t even come out to a burglary so they sure as hell won’t be attending a drone sighting in a village somewhere.

Reactions: old man mavic
Oh, my drone(s)are registered, FAA numbers on them, and with "If Found" info on it. And studying for my 107 so I can finally getting paid for flights/imaging I do now for gratis.

And I have had officers come up to me once in a while, but to ask questions, and yes, a couple actually asked if they could try it. I landed, shut all down, and let them initialize/power up, and actually take off and buzz around for a bit. One officer said he's going to Best Buy at lunch to buy one.

As to DJI knowing I have a drone, of course they do. I had to activate it, and purchased the care refresh (which I never needed). The only hiccup was the drone signal was blowing out my wifi. Killed home wifi, went to a hardwire LAN, got it activated, and that was the only time my bird has "been on the interwebs" in over 2 years.

I fly legally, nothing stupid. I just control what my drone has access to, and who has access to my drone.

Period.

Reactions: old man mavic
Yes, but we have no police to enforce anything.

They don’t even come out to a burglary so they sure as hell won’t be attending a drone sighting in a village somewhere.
you may be right, but you can bet that there will be members of the public who will take exception to a drone being flown, and the press will have a field day when the first person gets caught flying without being registered

Reactions: Flycaster
Oh, my drone(s)are registered, FAA numbers on them, and with "If Found" info on it. And studying for my 107 so I can finally getting paid for flights/imaging I do now for gratis.

And I have had officers come up to me once in a while, but to ask questions, and yes, a couple actually asked if they could try it. I landed, shut all down, and let them initialize/power up, and actually take off and buzz around for a bit. One officer said he's going to Best Buy at lunch to buy one.

As to DJI knowing I have a drone, of course they do. I had to activate it, and purchased the care refresh (which I never needed). The only hiccup was the drone signal was blowing out my wifi. Killed home wifi, went to a hardwire LAN, got it activated, and that was the only time my bird has "been on the interwebs" in over 2 years.

I fly legally, nothing stupid. I just control what my drone has access to, and who has access to my drone.

Period.
i have enjoyed our discussion and i respect your reasons for not updating good luck in your flying adventures yours OMM

Reactions: Flycaster
I always update not because I want to but I always think if your bird is updated then that may keep away a crash or flyaway but I have had neither, but I think sometimes if a crash or flyaway is always operator error or something else like software or hardware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851