DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating the White Googles

mavicToad

Reactions
Cant get my White Goggles to connect to my new Mavic 2

Got my new Mavic 2 Zoom. Updated IOS DJI App
Updated controller and plane to firmware 1.0.0 with Mac OS DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic Pro V2.0.0 (Note it does NOT tell me to update to firmware v01.04.500 which I believe is needed to work for the White Goggles - although I don't know whether thats the firmware version for the Goggles, the controller, the plane or all of the above)

The goggles, when plugged into my mac, DJI assistant does NOT see the goggles - they just dont show up.

The usual linking procedure to the goggles does not work either, goggles just dont see anything and time out after 60 seconds. Method: power up DJI app, controller, plane. Wait for connection (eg ready to fly). Power up goggles, settings, Linking, Quick Linking...press link button on Mavic (red light)...wait...wait...wait...nothing

I also looked at the downloads page for the white goggles, there is a different version of the DJI assistant there - DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4 2018-05-16
(which I think is quite messy, DJI, BTW) Downloading that, it does not actually install a DJI assistant app - installer completes stating success but there is no DJI assistant app in my applications directory. Weird. Abandoned that approach, reinstalled DJI Assistant for Mavic Pro.

So I am at a loss how to 1) get the v01.04.500 firmware required for the white goggles and 2) link the goggles to my Mavic 2 Zoom.

Is my DJI app supposed to offer/force me to update to v01.04.500 ? Because it doesnt. It says I am on the latest firmware (1.0.0) . As does the DJI Assistant app on the Mac when I plug in my controller and plane.

(FYI I had the goggles successfully working with my Mavic 1 Pro before...if that influences anything)

Thanks for any suggestion you might have - would love to fly with goggles again !

DJI Goggles (Original White) now work with the DJI Mavic 2 Series thanks to the anticipated release of v01.04.0500 software update early September.

I updated manually via the DJI Assitant2 App. Once the app is installed on the PC, launch it, then connect the Goggles via the provided USB cable. After the driver installs, click on the DJI Goggles icon form within the app. IT should list the current version of software installed on the Goggles as well as prompt for you to update them. Be patient during that process.

Granted there are benefits with the DJI Goggles RE (Black) due to 2.4 and 5Ghz bands. The White models (original) only support 2.4Ghz. However, many of us already have the Original White Goggles from other DJI models.
You will likely need to use the DJI Assistant 2 app on your PC for the update.

Attachments

• DJI-Goggles-Wht.jpg
    DJI-Goggles-Wht.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 22
Although the Head Tracking features are cool. Most likely, I will simply be using the goggles for viewing in bright daylight when I have a spotter present. Or at least allow the spotter to use them to view the immersive view while I fly about.

I'm stoked my Goggles are at least compatible with the Mavic 2 series and w/o wires!!!

Have you tried ‘Googling’ it? Sorry, couldn’t resist it... just read the title of your thread.... really slowly!!

Yes. The Race Edition (Black) one work based on other posts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121