DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating Version 1.00.0530 Mavic 2 Pro

werner Knust

Reactions
Hi everyone, Please your assistance
I do not get to make the update on the Firmware on Version 1.00.0530 Mavic 2 Pro It does not move from 0% when updating

There is a lot already written on this. However, Not sure if you have a Smart Controller or standard Controller, but update should work for both and Drone.

Make sure you have the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (Download from DJI site 2.0.8 is latest)
Make sure you don't attempt to update over wifi, it odds are will not work
Use a USB-3 cable (one with Drone) and use a USB 3 port on your computer

The Drone and Controller both need to be updated. Both will connect via USB-3 to a computer and update accordingly.

Update needs to have a good wifi or ethernet connection on Computer.

Process takes a while, between 10 and 15 minutes depending on your connection speeds.

Paul C

Reactions: Thomas B and Porky
There is a lot already written on this. However, Not sure if you have a Smart Controller or standard Controller, but update should work for both and Drone.

Make sure you have the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (Download from DJI site 2.0.8 is latest)
Make sure you don't attempt to update over wifi, it odds are will not work
Use a USB-3 cable (one with Drone) and use a USB 3 port on your computer

The Drone and Controller both need to be updated. Both will connect via USB-3 to a computer and update accordingly.

Update needs to have a good wifi or ethernet connection on Computer.

Process takes a while, between 10 and 15 minutes depending on your connection speeds.

Paul C
Hi Paul, Thanks very much for your help, will follow your instructions, I do have the Smart Control
Best Regards from Chile

Here is a link:

Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

This should take you to the main DJI downloads page for the Assistant 2 Vr 2.0.8.

A couple of more thoughts, Drone should update with no issues. Controller can time out due to power settings, so I would stay by it and just tap the screen if it starts to dim. Make sure controller is at least 80% or more charged.

If you are using a Mac, attach USB cable to a true USB 3 port not via a hub, and I would disconnect any other USB connections on Mac during update. I have not tried to use Win10, but would also use a main USB port not via a hub.

My method, attach USB 3 to computer, and Smart Controller, then power on Smart Controller. Seems to get a connection faster.

Smart Controller takes a good 15 to 20 minutes (at least mine did with a good wifi connection). Smart Controller will reboot once maybe more when the main screen shows update is around 98%. This is misleading as there is still quite a bit left. You should see a status bar in blue on the Smart Controller when this reboot and final leg of the update is started. Smart Controller may reboot several times, but as long as you get a blue status bar, let it go.

Paul C

Interesting in not working with USB-3. I have had no issues with USB-3 on MacPro. But I did have to disconnect all other USB connections, (card reader and external drive). MacPro is running High Sierra.

Paul C

I was using win10, on 1 of the threads a computer builder with a top notch whiz bang computer came up with the reason why this was happening, it was also happening to him, had a look but cant find the thread

I have been reading and following you guys for awhile about using assistant 2. Maybe I don’t have the most current version but I was able to upgrade all 4 of the Mavic 2 drones just using the iPhone or smart controller. I’m gunna have to check what version I have on them against what is the most current version, but everything worked perfectly for all 4

Things may have changed. But with the most current version of smart controller 1.00.0530 attempting the upgrade from smart controller did not work. It started update but never finished. DJI made a point a few days later to let folks know they had to use 2.0.8 of Assistant which had just been updated to allow the updates to smart controller. Previous versions of firmware did update successfully from WiFi connection on Smart Controller.

Paul C

Thanks Paul, I had been reading all the threads about this and I was nervous about trying to update everything. Now it did work but, you just told me more news. Previous versions of firmware did update. Guess I really do need to check to see if I have most current version. The controller says I do, but maybe it can’t see the newer versions because it can’t load them?? No clue but thanks a lot for letting me know

You should be ok if the smart controller is showing 01.00.0530. That shows in the about part of the app. But if it’s not telling you a newer firmware is available sounds like you are good.

Paul C

Reactions: Smalls
I updated M2Z and smart controller a couple of days ago using 100 Mbps WiFi in my house. No problems at all. Worked perfectly first time.
The M2Z took about 10 mins and the controller about the same.
However, I was on hand to stop the SC from going into sleep mode during the SC upgrade.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661