DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UPGRADE] CNC Aluminum Motor Cap Protector for DJI Mavic Mini Drone

PURSUER01

Reactions
Has anyone tried these new motor covers for Mavic Mini? It seems like a good idea? The covers increase the clearance of the propellers and the Mini's arms. The covers attach to the motors propellers threads and don't need to be removed. The propellers are attached to the covers. No possible thread damage changing propellers to the motors, only the covers.

Attachments

• 51g9SFHfcRL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    51g9SFHfcRL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: TimboAngelo
What is the problem that they are solving?
I looks like the reason for using the motor covers is, the threads on the motor won't wear out from changing propellers.?? Once the cover is attached the propellers bolt on the motor covers.
I don't think these covers have much use. Just wondering if anyone has used them?

Will the 250 g limit be exceeded after installing these things ?
Absolutely! Mini weighs in at exactly 249g, so anything weighing more than a gram puts it over 250 grams! Four pieces of plastic like that will put you way over!

I can’t see any advantage to these at all. The chance of damaging the threads in the motor when changing props is tiny as long as you take care (which you should with an aircraft!), and the added weight effectively removes the main reason that the Mavic Mini exists in the first place. Add in reduced airflow and it’s a no for me.

Once installed, why would you need to remove the props anyway? Don't they fit snugly enough to transport attached

I’m not worried about the additional weight. The Drone Police’s mobile scales are only accurate to within <>50g. But I would worry more about the risk of motor over-heating.

On balance I don’t see enough benefit to make it worth the risk.

Wouldn't these have to be perfectly balanced as well ,given that they will be rotating

Drones are pretty susceptible to out of the ordinary oscillations

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50