DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade firmware to 1.03 or stay on 1.02??

Dronebow

Reactions
With the compass issues being exhibited on 1.03 I'm hesitant to upgrade. Thoughts?

At this relatively early stage where DJI are still ironing out issues I would definitely update.

IMHO you should upgrade with a product so immature.
And as for the compass warnings. The difference is that NOW there is a warning and even a countermeasure due to redundancy where earlier there was erratic behaviour and "falling" out of GPS mode to ATTI.
I prefer the former.

Your mileage may vary ;-)

Ender

P.S. lol chippie, you are faaaassssttt.

Reactions: chippie
I have updated and had no compass issues at all.

Upgrade complete. I'll test it later. Thanks!

Remember to go through all your settings as the upgrade resets some of them.

Flown 6 batteries on the new upgrade without any issues, did get a wind warning going upwind in sports mode but that's it. Everything else fine.... except for the constant beeping of the auto-focus re-focusing every minute or so, that gets old fast and they need to fix it.

Flown 6 batteries on the new upgrade without any issues, did get a wind warning going upwind in sports mode but that's it. Everything else fine.... except for the constant beeping of the auto-focus re-focusing every minute or so, that gets old fast and they need to fix it.
That wind warning is annoying. I was getting that on the previous bird which was RMA'd. Guess I'm skiddish due to all the problems and didn't want to ruin so far a good thing.

I have had the wind warning but it was windy :)

Yeah I noticed the re-focusing feature as well. Got a notice on screen that this happens in cinematic mode unless switching to manual focus but it happened when I was flying/videotaping in normal mode. I never went to cinematic mode.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It happens irrespective of what flight mode you are in. Just switch to Manual Focus and you are back to how it was before.

I'd like to find a way to reduce the warnings on the screen. When you get a wind warning it stays there until you click the tiny little x. If you miss it with your finger then you just refocused..

Except a big mess of warnings I didn't see any problem with new firmware so far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd