DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade to Mavic 2 Pro from Mavic Air

Jimmy777

Reactions
I’m thinking of up grading my Mavic Air to Mavic 2 Pro.
Main reasons:

* Singnal strength (distance) without signal loss and lag
* Flight Time

Can anybody who also came from Mavic Air to Mavic 2 Pro give my his experiences?

I went from the Air (which I loved) to the M2P (which I also love)

Signal strength/distance on the M2 is an entirely different league. You can go many times further and it will stream HD the entire time. One difference is that while the distance is so much further, once the Occusync disconnects, the M2 takes longer to reconnect than the wifi does on the Air. But like I said, the M2's distance and ability in this area almost does not compare; the M2 is at least 3x as strong as the Air, connection-wise.

Flight time for the M2 is about double the Air. Again, a significant difference.

Now, I totally LOVED my Air and really few it a lot. It's a fantastic drone, and in some ways, I still wish I had it. The air is a great POINT AND SHOOT drone. The M2P's camera on the other hand, while capable of far more, is finicky and is designed to have a lot more post production involved. (Many people don't seem to understand this fact.)

The M2 is about double the size and weight of the Air, and the M2 is quite a bit more stable, tho the Air is not bad either... it's just that the M2 is amazing in this regard.

The M2 is FAR quieter than the Air, which is surprisingly loud for such a little bugger.

Some great strengths that the M2P has above the Air:
-greater distance/reception
-greater battery life
-more stable and has the ability for more precise flying
-quieter (by a lot)
-has better obstacle avoidance, slightly. (tho the Air is pretty **** good)
-HUGELY better low-light performance.
-better standard color processing in video (a massive improvement)
-far better stills and image processing
-MOVING GIMBAL (one of my favorite things... the M2's gimbal has some capabilities the Air does not)
-far better color flexibility
-obviously a camera setup that's capable of far more.

Strengths that the Air has over the M2P
-upon disconnect, it reconnects faster (though disconnects way more)
-a little better in high winds
-super tiny and pocket-sized
-better for people who want "point and shoot" situations... many things look better right out of the box with little to no tinkering.
-tougher gimbal (it's more protected)
-no major barrel distortion

Basically, the Air is a great point-and-shoot situation. the M2P is more of a pro-oriented DSLR vibe. Both are awesome, apples-to-oranges in comparison.

Signal strength/distance on the M2 is an entirely different league. You can go many times further and it will stream HD the entire time. One difference is that while the distance is so much further, once the Occusync disconnects, the M2 takes longer to reconnect than the wifi does on the Air. But like I said, the M2's distance and ability in this area almost does not compare; the M2 is at least 3x as strong as the Air, connection-wise.

Flight time for the M2 is about double the Air. Again, a significant difference.

Now, I totally LOVED my Air and really few it a lot. It's a fantastic drone, and in some ways, I still wish I had it. The air is a great POINT AND SHOOT drone. The M2P's camera on the other hand, while capable of far more, is finicky and is designed to have a lot more post production involved. (Many people don't seem to understand this fact.)

The M2 is about double the size and weight of the Air, and the M2 is quite a bit more stable, tho the Air is not bad either... it's just that the M2 is amazing in this regard.

The M2 is FAR quieter than the Air, which is surprisingly loud for such a little bugger.

-greater battery life
-quieter (by a lot)
-MOVING GIMBAL (one of my favorite things... the M2's gimbal has some capabilities the Air does not)

-better for people who want "point and shoot" situations... many things look better right out of the box with little to no tinkering.

Basically, the Air is a great point-and-shoot situation. the M2P is more of a pro-oriented DSLR vibe. Both are awesome, apples-to-oranges in comparison.

Thank you for the information!

-greater battery life
-quieter (by a lot)

Looking to do stills or video? Otherwise ^^ What he said ^^

I’m thinking of up grading my Mavic Air to Mavic 2 Pro.
Main reasons:

* Singnal strength (distance) without signal loss and lag
* Flight Time

Can anybody who also came from Mavic Air to Mavic 2 Pro give my his experiences?

I upgraded from an Air to a Mavic 2 Zoom. After a couple months with the Zoom, I sold the Air cuz I never flew it anymore. It was fun and an awesome intro to drones, but the Mavic 2 is so much more solid in every way: range, stability, no frequent disconnects, and it is so much quieter than the Air.

As to the Zoom vs the Pro, I debated which to get for a while before I pulled the trigger on the Zoom, and I am very happy with my choice. The video and picture quality is superb, and I can fly higher while zooming and still get close shots, so it’s much less intrusive to the non drone masses. The usefulness of the zoom exceeded my expectations. I use it all the time. With that said, Pro or Zoom, you will love either one.

Reactions: Jimmy777
Finally I had my first flight due to bad weather I had to wait too long. My first impressions are really good and I not regret my choice to upgrade. :)

First my 2 points:

* signal strength I fly much further with zero video signal disturbance

* flight time also worth the upgrade this 10 minutes extra is great

Also I have some points that I not mentioned before which I really happy with:

* I love the sound of my Mavic 2 pro in comparison with my Mavic air

* the Mavic 2 fly much faster with obstacle avoidance on the Air which Is great

So I’m really satisfied with the upgrade

For now only waiting for better weather ;) I do some more testing

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics