DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrading first GEN mini SE to mimic the new second GEN to use RC-n1 controller

Reactions
Since the new DJI, mini SE two just came out, and the shell and outward appearance is 100% identical to the first generation SE and the second GEN has ocusyns 2and works with the RC-N1 controller How can I make my first GEN SE work with that controller? How can I upgrade it to ocusyns 2? Is it a software thing or would I have to buy a motherboard or what would I need to buy hardware wise to trick it into being a SE2 basically I want to turn my SE first GEN into an SE two what does it take to do that?

That's not really practical. It would need at least a new motherboard. The SE motors and ESC (which drives the motors) may or may not be compatible with the SE2. I would also wonder if the camera and gimbal are 100% compatible or not. By the time you've 'upgraded', you basically have spent more than a new SE2 would cost on parts.

Reactions: Aairon
See that’s what exactly I’m getting at is it or isn’t it is the question I would imagine everything is exactly the same parts wise. And they develop the new software strictly for the Se 2 to make it work with ocusync that they never intend on using to update the first GEN which has me thinking it’s just the motherboard because the camera they’re all the same 2.7. They wouldn’t come out with another 2.7 camera that would be any different the gimble is definitely gonna be the same they wouldn’t spend money developing a new one window, one that they’re going to use his identical to the first GEN anyway I’m thinking there’s definitely some kind of hack somewhere that could trick it into operating dual band ocusync instead of just picking between 2.4 or 5.8 before it takes off and sticks to it rather than bouncing around between the best channel at the time live It could also be an antenna out there that is for the drone itself that would work with the controller maybe

So I just found this beautiful thing it definitely can be done and someone’s definitely done it. It’s just I can’t find any info on it but you can alter the firmware repackage it and reflash it now occasionally if you don’t do it right it won’t work and it’ll brick your drone. Hopefully I can find someone that’s already done it and can send me the firmware and I can just upload it myself.

See that’s what exactly I’m getting at is it or isn’t it is the question I would imagine everything is exactly the same parts wise. And they develop the new software strictly for the Se 2 to make it work with ocusync that they never intend on using to update the first GEN which has me thinking it’s just the motherboard because the camera they’re all the same 2.7. They wouldn’t come out with another 2.7 camera that would be any different the gimble is definitely gonna be the same they wouldn’t spend money developing a new one window, one that they’re going to use his identical to the first GEN anyway I’m thinking there’s definitely some kind of hack somewhere that could trick it into operating dual band ocusync instead of just picking between 2.4 or 5.8 before it takes off and sticks to it rather than bouncing around between the best channel at the time live It could also be an antenna out there that is for the drone itself that would work with the controller maybe
The camera definitely seems the same, but there is firmware in the camera and I don't know if you can assume it's the same.

On the firmware, DJI started to encrypt their firmware 1-2 years back on some models. I don't know about the SE, but this is an issue for the Mini 2. If the drone is not encrypted then it can be rolled back to older firmware. If it is encrypted, then you'll probably not be able to flash anything other than current release dji firmware.

You might want to check out drone-hacks and/or nolimitdronez for a ton of information on available hacks.

Reactions: Aairon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne