DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upload Quality Question

Nichtj

Reactions
Have a question regarding video quality. Just for quick background, have settings at 1080P, 48 fps and everything else on auto.

When I have upload to YouTube in the past, I have been less than impressed with video quality. I have always upload from my device (Samsung S7 and now s8). My question, would there be a difference in video quality with me uploading direct from device as I have been, vs SD card adapter, putting file on computer and uploading from there?

I'm not a cinematographer by any means and don't "edit" my videos. Simply want the best quality I can get from them as they are. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

**posted in "general discussion" as well....figured this was better spot. Delete other post if needed sorry

Well 1080p 48fps is known to be a poor option for the Mavic.
1080p at 24/25/30 would be OK.
Are you uploading the recording from the SD card or only the 720p copy on your device?

And there in lies my answer I'm assuming. I didn't know that only a "720" copy was stored to the device. I was upload the file straight from the device "Gallery". Not the SD card ever.

And thanks for the quality input on recording as well. I will change it up. I chose that as my default so I have the option for slowmo if I chose and since I don't have any 4k capable playbqck options, not any real benefit to recording that high. Would 2k be a better option yet? I've read conflicting reports on 2k being better than 1080p when played back on a 1080 capable device

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143