DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Uploading flight record to phantomhelp.com/LogViewer

Dspace

Reactions
Sorry for the dumb question. I can do the Healthy Drone Sync/upload process without issue from the IPad mini 4 that I use with the RC. Now I'd like to upload my flight records to the phantomhelp.com/LogViewer for more deatailed anaylysis. So I use I-Tunes to bring the RC flight records over from the mini 4 to my PC. However they come over as DAT files, not the TXT files that the Phantom LogViewer requires. Guess I'm missing something (probably really simple) here??

Then I'm thinking maybe I can load those DAT files to the csvVIEW Pane I downloaded, but it comes back with "AC not recognized" . Is that because it only takes the Mavic data files and not the RC files?

I tried some searches by my feeble brain isn't connecting the dots

Thanks for any help!!!

My log viewer is only able to convert and display data from TXT flight logs. Here's a video showing how to find the TXT files in iTunes:

CsvView is only able to open DAT flight logs from the Mavic's internal memory card (not the DAT files from your mobile device). You can retrieve the DAT files like this.

Yep, found my own bone headed mistake of jumping right into the MCDat flight records folder and past all the TXT files in the main folder coming over. I'm a bit slow witted in these situations:p

Thanks again!

Guess I'm still curious what those DAT files are versus the TXT files

Last edited:
Sorry to revive this old thread, but... I feel like I'm missing something obvious here.

I can't find any of the Mavic flight record TXT files on my Android device. And it get's weirder. Stay with me, if you have the energy.
  1. I bought a P3P in 05/2016 and flew it exclusively with an IOS device until 07/2017. It crashed and was destroyed so I bought a Mavic.
  2. I flew the Mavic from 07/2016 until 09/07/17 (this past Thursday) exclusively with the same IOS device.
  3. On 09/08/17 I got my first Android device and have flown the Mavic exclusively with that device (no more IOS) for the past few days.
  4. Last night I had a ton of problems controlling the Mavic and receiving "Downlink data connection lost" errors. I'd like to see what PhantomHelp.com says about that.
  5. So, I install Android File Transfer on my Mac and browse to the /DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord folder. And what do I see? All of my IOS flight records on and before 09/07/17 (ie. all of which were on IOS and most of which were not even for the Mavic) and none of the files I expected to see from my Android flights starting on 09/08/17.
I'm assuming the Go app is syncing flights down to my Android device from prior drone and IOS device. Fair enough. But where are the flight records for the flights I actually used the Android device for? So confusing...

Any help? Thanks!

@kooknboo, restart your Android device and check if the files are visible then.

Reactions: kooknboo
Another option is to run an app like SD Refresh. It'll be faster than restarting your device.