Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Uploading photos and having them embedded in post

• Thread starter Deleted member 170519
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 170519

Might be a simple answer...
I used to be able to embed a photo into a post. Most was from my iPhone transferred from drone.
Now I am trying to upload a photo into a post and have it embed instead of showing a link. I have it downsized to 1000 px on the long end. It won't embed. Is there a size restriction?

I used to be able to embed a photo into a post. Most was from my iPhone transferred from drone.
Now I am trying to upload a photo into a post and have it embed instead of showing a link. I have it downsized to 1000 px on the long end. It won't embed. Is there a size restriction?
I have asked an administrator to look into it.

No max on HxW but 10mb is the max size I believe. Go it uploaded ok?
I did. Thank you. Ended up having to downsize more for it to embed.
Don’t know the mb but 1000 on the long end worked.

A quick rule of Thumb that I use is to screen shot it on my 38 inch wide screen and than Post it. Seems to have worked out really well so far and its quick and Easy.

A luxury with the Widescreens for sure.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

A quick rule of Thumb that I use is to screen shot it on my 38 inch wide screen and than Post it. Seems to have worked out really well so far and its quick and Easy.

A luxury with the Widescreens for sure.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water
on a lot of forums, they want you to save for web in photoshop and size it to 1000 pixels at the long end. I did that at first but forgot to save it that size. Then tried to upload the full size 14mb file. That doesn't work very well. lol
Your way sounds a lot quicker.. if it works for me as a screenshot on a mac

Pretty simple to embed an image. Simply drag it from your desktop (or any folder/location) right into your text box where you write your post. However, I think the problem some may be having is in initially preparing the image file for posting. General rule is to use a jpeg with suggested width of 800 to 1200 pixels, and a medium to high quality resulting in a file size of something under 400K. If you're not sure how to do that, play around with whatever image editor you have, no matter how simple it may be. Search YouTube for guides. It's real easy.

Last edited:
Pretty simple to embed an image. Simply drag it from your desktop (or any folder/location) right into your test box where you write your post. However, I think the problem some may be having is in initially preparing the image file for posting. General rule is to use a jpeg with suggested width of 800 to 1200 pixels, and a medium to high quality resulting in a file size of something under 400K. If you're not sure how to do that, play around with whatever image editor you have, no matter how simple it may be. Search YouTube for guides. It's real easy.
Normally, I have no problem with embedding images into forum posts.. The problem I had yesterday was that Photoshop was failing to resize the image to 1000 pixels.
Thanks for the info

I upload photo by hitting attach files and selecting image that has been converted from png file file to jpg file and keep the size of the file below I MB.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2