DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UPS drone delivery

Cost / benefit analysis will be the only thing that drives any of these delivery services ‘taking off’.
Many companies going down this line have changed plans, at this point at least.
It could be viable in the future, bigger drones, better payload and delivery of multiple parcels etc.
For now medical type use around cities (or successful use in continents like Africa) for urgent blood / organs / medications is a very viable use.

They need a better design to land , all of the videos I have seen are very sketchy when it comes to this .
#1 it takes to long , they would be better off with my Lunar landing pad Concept to Reach up and meet the drone after its in the hover Position which would be much more secure an faster.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and help the UPS company.

Drone delivery would be Painfully slow. Take a package -Fly back on and on I could see prescription deliveries and situations like that BUT Could you imagine the air traffic if they delivered every Taylor Swift chia pet, pre-teen america ordered off of Amazon.
I don't think it would ever work for Massive delivery schedules like UPS or Fed EX

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Drone delivery would be Painfully slow. Take a package -Fly back on and on

I think the concept was more rural, out of the way locations could be done from the nest van, simply to save a long round trip to some backcountry home.
It could work like that, if other parcels were delivered while that was happening, regular van stops, guy throws package over fence, or onto porch from 20' away (lol), while the drone does some trip off yonder to save that drive time.
The drone could return to whatever location the driver / van was after it had done its delivery.

Lots of pros cons to work through of course, probably what these trials held in the US and certain Australian locations was all about.

For now, a van and driver could leave base with maybe 100 packages to deliver on a computer programmed run for efficiency (I don't know exactly how many they do, how much pressure i on those drivers) . . . not sure a drone from a location to X miles out could compete with that in the near future, perhaps a decade away ?

There needs to be the initial trials, errors, calculations, revision of systems etc, takes time.

This is some of the dreaming but without getting into too much detail, I'll just comment that it will never happen and leave it at that. It's all talk and fantasy.

This is some of the dreaming but without getting into too much detail, I'll just comment that it will never happen and leave it at that. It's all talk and fantasy.

Except that is happening, now, in Utah and Arkansas, and by the end of this year or early 2024 Pagliacci Pizza starts Zipline Drone deliveries in Seattle, and Medical Drone flights between hospital campuses in Tacoma will start.

Reactions: Jam0ne

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope