DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upward gimbal rotation with replacement Mini 2 and updated controller firmware???- and binding?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I just got a replacement Mini 2 from DJI (8 days round trip) and I updated the controller firmware. It paired easily with both my iPad and iPhone. As I'm going through the settings I noticed that the gimbal will only go to 0°, not tilt upward like my old Mini 2 did. I cannot find the "allow upward gimbal rotation" feature in the app.

While I think some of the thing in the app make more sense, like combining EXP with Pitch and Yaw speed/smoothing, in some ways leaving things as they are make it easier for users who get used to finding things in one place. A lot of softward gives the option of "classic settings" to make it easier to adapt to new things. But why would DJI make it easy?

So... Where do I find the switch to allow upward gimbal rotation (upward of 0°?
Also, how do I bind the new drone to the controller? Or do I not need to? I'm kind of confused.. It's paired well, but I need to make sure that if it crashes or flys away that I'm covered.

Upward giimbal rotation? Binding?
Help please. TIA

You might like to look at Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation "Whay happened to upward gimbal rotatio setting?" in the Mavic 3 board in the DJI forum.
If I understand what is being said correctly the mods are sending out old versions of the App, if that is for iPhones then that is possibly great, if it is for Android then I think you may have to wait for a 'fixing' update .......................unless someone here knows differently.

I've got iOS... iPad Mini 6 and iPhoneXR. It all worked until I received the Mini 2 replacement and updated the firmware as requested.

I would love to get an old version of the app. Not sure how that upgraded as I didn't upgrade the app myself on either device. I've been on the phone with DJI but the agent I was speaking with sounded like a newbie and wasn't familiar with any of it beyond telling me to see if my devices were listed as "compatible". He said that only iPhone 11, 12, 13 and 14 were on the list and no iPads. I dunno... Been flying my old Mini 2 with both without issues until recently when max speed was limited and signaled to get it replaced.

Waiting for a supervisor to come on the phone. I wonder how long that will take?

I wonder how long that will take?
Don't try to hold your breath whilst waiting to see lol, it might be an idea to post in that thread and see what the mods are sending out. Who knows it might work for you.
If I remember corrently I have see you there.

Don't try to hold your breath whilst waiting to see lol, it might be an idea to post in that thread and see what the mods are sending out. Who knows it might work for you.
If I remember corrently I have see you there.
which thread? Do you have a link to it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_