DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"UPWARD OBSTACLE DETECTED"

Photolounge

Reactions
Does anyone know anyway to turn off the sensor that gives out the message "UPWARD OBSTACLE DETECTED" and stops the drone hitting an obstacle above it?

Sport mode, or there are some settings under "Visual Navigation" in the options screen.

need to be in tripod mode and turn off upward sensor for indoor flying, will have a look at visual navigation

Sport mode, or there are some settings under "Visual Navigation" in the options screen.
no all sensors turned off except "downward positioning" and still occurs.

I have been flying a lot with all sensors off except "downward positioning" but need to be able to get a little close to obstructions above.

any suggestions welcome

EDIT: Incorrect info given...

Last edited:
Page 13 of the manual:

Has anyone figured out a way? I've been trying to fly from my balcony but is always stuck because of the sensor.

Has anyone figured out a way? I've been trying to fly from my balcony but is always stuck because of the sensor.

After you take off switch to sport mode, this will turn off all of the positioning sensors. When you are clear of the obstacles you can switch back to positioning mode. You may want to reduce the sensitivity of your sticks so you don't crash while in sport mode.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swaggyC