DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB-C slider ring

Brian Fist

Reactions
Hey guys, I have two almost new drones (a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic Air) and neither one came with the proper cables or sliders for USB-C connections. I have a number of sliders for the lightening/micro-USB connectors, but those do me no good...

I ended up ordering a set of cables and they did not include the sliders either, so I acquired one of the two cables I needed. I also picked up an Mavic Mini remote locally (he lost the drone), and he included all three cables (so I have the other USB-C cable I need for the Air), but again, no sliders. It even looks like DJI doesn't include the sliders at all with the Mavic Mini setup.

Now, I wanted the Mavic Mini controller to be able to use it with the DJI simulator on the PC, so everything is great there.

But, I still do not have sliders for the two controllers to use with the USB-C connectors.

Now, I have used a buddies controller, and I find the slider to be a great solution if you are using a cellphone that fits the controller, and I have tried a zip-tie cut down and it tends to fall out and get ****-eyed in the slide.

Does anyone know a source for the USB-C sliders??? A part number??? I just need two of them.

I have older phones that are no longer in use that I use as backup devices for the drones, all of which have USB-C connectors.

Thanks

Could you make one from thick 'sheet 'plastic or perhaps aluminium? It would need careful filing but should be possible

Try a search for “Genuine short cable for DJI Mavic Pro / 2 Zoom USB C wire Connector Controller ” on eBay – I found some with the slider included.

Try a search for “Genuine short cable for DJI Mavic Pro / 2 Zoom USB C wire Connector Controller ” on eBay – I found some with the slider included.
Umm, yeah, $20 + $28 shipping... Not even worth looking into... Plus no mention of the slider in the description.

I shot a e-mail off to DJI, we will see what they say.

I've thought about putting a piece of tape of the outside of that arm. I think my first Spark came with several.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15