DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB Connection Options

FatherXmas

Reactions
I've seen on other folks Crystalskys when you turn on or plug in a controller, Go 4, Pilot and Litchi are all choices. On mine, I get Litchi and either Go 4 or Pilot (whichever I had running last). How do I make all three show?

The CrystalSky will boot up into whichever app has been set as default when you plug in or switch on the controller.
To choose the default app, go to settings/apps then swipe from right to left to see all apps. Scroll down to see all related control apps, ie. DJI GO4, Litchi etc. Click on each app and force stop it as well as clear it's defaults.
Next time the CS boots up, it will give you the choices you mention, which will then be persistent for subsequent boot-ups.
Hope that makes sense.

What makes no sense to me is how such a poorly performing piece of equipment as the CS is still being sold. They (DJI) seem to have given up on updates, and the hardware in it is substandard anyway. Only thing going for it is the bright screen. If their drones were as unreliable they'd be out of business.

The CrystalSky will boot up into whichever app has been set as default when you plug in or switch on the controller.
To choose the default app, go to settings/apps then swipe from right to left to see all apps. Scroll down to see all related control apps, ie. DJI GO4, Litchi etc. Click on each app and force stop it as well as clear it's defaults.
Next time the CS boots up, it will give you the choices you mention, which will then be persistent for subsequent boot-ups.
Hope that makes sense.

What makes no sense to me is how such a poorly performing piece of equipment as the CS is still being sold. They (DJI) seem to have given up on updates, and the hardware in it is substandard anyway. Only thing going for it is the bright screen. If their drones were as unreliable they'd be out of business.
I guess I didn't make the issue clear enough. There are NO defaults set so there isn't anything to clear with the apps. When you plug in the USB cable, you get a list of what app you wish to run either once or always. The list of apps to select from is not complete, just Litchi and the last DJI app I used.

I guess I didn't make the issue clear enough. There are NO defaults set so there isn't anything to clear with the apps. When you plug in the USB cable, you get a list of what app you wish to run either once or always. The list of apps to select from is not complete, just Litchi and the last DJI app I used.
When you say the list is not complete, what other apps are you expecting to see? As I understand it, only apps related to DJI drones will be shown, such as the official latest installed DJI GO4 app or 3rd party apps which you have installed such as Litchi. The DJI Pilot and DJI GO apps do not show in the list, I think because they are embedded in the system and can only be be selected from the launcher screen, which you can configure BTW in settings. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding you altogether.

Last edited:
When you say the list is not complete, what other apps are you expecting to see? As I understand it, only apps related to DJI drones will be shown, such as the official latest installed DJI GO4 app or 3rd party apps which you have installed such as Litchi. The DJI Pilot and DJI GO apps do not show in the list, I think because they are embedded in the system and can only be be selected from the launcher screen, which you can configure BTW in settings. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding you altogether.

I expect to see all of the DJI apps, Go; Go 4 and Pilot in addition to Litchi. I have a couple friends with a Crystalsky, they see all of them. If you watch any of the tutorials on the Crystalsky, again, you see all of them. I only see Litchi and whatever the last DJI I used. If I fly with Go 4, the next time I plug the USB cable in, I see Litchi and Go 4. If I fly with Pilot, the next time I plug the USB cable in, I see Litchi and Pilot. I'm at a loss as to how to better clarify this.

Maybe this will help. This is a screen capture from a YouTube video. See where all the DJI apps are listed? I only get one of them, the last one I used.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 14
Maybe it will only show 3 at any one time, last in, first out?
Mine shows 2, if I uninstall Litchi, it shows only one. Here's shots of my screen. The first after running Pilot, second after running GO4. Litchi is always there when installed. It doesn't matter if I run Litchi, still shows it and whatever DJI app I used last.

Attachments

• Pilot.jpg
    Pilot.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8
  • GO4.jpg
    GO4.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
Here's something you can try. I'm basing my steps with an HTC, the CS should have something similar.

In settings, go to Apps. Do the following for each of the apps that tend to be missing (Pilot, Go, Go 4, etc):
Look for "open by default"
Select this to see subsettings
Clear defaults

I had set Fly as a default with the Mini and it seemed to cause issues. I cleared the defaults as described above and my trouble went away, though I have to always tell Android to direct the USB to the app. I might try making it a default again, now that there's been a few updates to the app.

Here's something you can try. I'm basing my steps with an HTC, the CS should have something similar.

In settings, go to Apps. Do the following for each of the apps that tend to be missing (Pilot, Go, Go 4, etc):
Look for "open by default"
Select this to see subsettings
Clear defaults

I had set Fly as a default with the Mini and it seemed to cause issues. I cleared the defaults as described above and my trouble went away, though I have to always tell Android to direct the USB to the app. I might try making it a default again, now that there's been a few updates to the app.
Nope, already been down that path, there are no defaults set on anything. Oh well, it doesn't hurt anything, just have to select an app then kill it and select the one I want from the home screen, more of a nuisance than anything.

FatherXmas, when you choose an app to run from your list
Maybe it will only show 3 at any one time, last in, first out?
I think you are right DanMan, only the last 3 apps are shown in the list it seems.

FatherXmas, when you choose from the list of apps that pops up on the launcher screen, are you choosing "just once" or "always" for the app you want to run? It seems if you choose "always", you will always boot up in to that default app, and choosing "once only" will always boot up with the list of the last 3 apps used.

I'm as confused as anyone else. I was having a problem with the Litchi app freezing in flight and showing "Disconnected" in red across the top of the screen. I corresponded with Litchi support and the helpful guy told for to try force stopping all other apps as well as clearing their defaults. This seemed to improve matters, but I still get occasional freezes/blank screen/disconnects.

The CrystalSky has a little mind of it's own. It is not a fully developed product, and I don't see it ever improving. Live with it or bin it, and suck up the exorbitant cost of a supposedly "premium" device. Poor show from DJI.

Last edited:
He already went through all the apps in Settings and verified none had use as default settings.
He's also only seeing two apps presented as a choice.

Strange.

I'm guessing only one of the DJI proprietary "family" of apps will be in the list plus any other third party apps.for a total of 3. With the lack of an official manual it's all trial and error.

Last edited:
I've seen on other folks Crystalskys when you turn on or plug in a controller, Go 4, Pilot and Litchi are all choices. On mine, I get Litchi and either Go 4 or Pilot (whichever I had running last). How do I make all three show?

Its an Android thing.

Answer: go to the APP you ran Last on your Phone or Cryst Sky. (Settings>> APPS>> …)
a)Scroll down to the App Name - Click to Enter … Then STOP the app (FORCE STOP)
...then
b)Scroll down to the DEFAULT app setting and click "Clear Defaults"

Then Replug in your Phone to the RC (controller)
- Works for me...

Its an Android thing.

Answer: go to the APP you ran Last on your Phone or Cryst Sky. (Settings>> APPS>> …)
a)Scroll down to the App Name - Click to Enter … Then STOP the app (FORCE STOP)
...then
b)Scroll down to the DEFAULT app setting and click "Clear Defaults"

Then Replug in your Phone to the RC (controller)
- Works for me...
Is anyone bothering to read post #10?

I'm guessing only one of the DJI proprietary "family" of apps will be in the list plus any other third party apps.for a total of 3. With the lack of an official manual or reference to UT clips it's all trial and error.
Nope, I've seen Litchi and all 3 of the DJI apps on a friends CS plus have seen the same in YouTube videos. It seems to be only me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys