DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB connector

davidzimagery

Reactions
I've had my Mavic Pro Platinum for over a year now. About a month ago, it started disconnecting, even when close to the controller. I'd mess with the tablet and the cable and it would connect. It's gotten worse and now disconnects and reconnects constantly. I can usually get it to connect if I wiggle the cable in the controller connection. I've tried at least 4 different cables. Just now, I pushed the connector cable end in the controller upwards and that seemed to help, but can't operate the controls while doing that. So, I'm assuming the USB connector in the controller is the problem. Before I send it in to DJI and lose the use of my Mavic most of the summer, I thought I'd put this out there, in case someone has a different idea or solution to this problem.

Thats the one I'm using. I've never had an issue on any other device with a standard USB so that's why I want to make sure it's the problem. I only use the side connector for charging. By the way, the connector on the tablet (and phone, which I've also tried) is a C type and doesn't seem to be the issue.

i see. personally I would try to clean the bottom connector pins with some contact-cleaning liquid or alcohol in case of some oxidization happened there (probably not since you're using it regularly). The bottom USB could be faulty as well, of course. Have you tried different cables?

Reactions: davidzimagery
May very well be a port connector that is not connected properly.
Solder joints can come loose.

Look closely inside the port to see if some lint or other obstruction is in there. Clean it out with a wood or plastic toothpick.

I took a close look at the port. I took the point of an x acto knife and was able to wiggle the plastic bar that the contacts are embedded in. I tried it on USB ports on another device and they don't move. That tells me that there is something wrong with this USB port. I guess I have to accept reality and send it in. For now it's back to my Phantom 3 Pro with a jittery gimble.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_