DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB Data Transfer Speed

Just one quick follow up for the original poster. While I didn't get faster data transfer with these cables, I did get a noticeably faster charge rate. I was using the cable on the right below, so went from 40mA to 1330mA
1676299775392.png

Interesting. What were you charging, your phone? What app gave you those amp readings?
Just charging my phone, I use the android app "Ampere" to give me the results. Just googled, looks like its available on apple app store too.

Late to respond here because I got excited and ordered the cable, but had to wait for it to come in to provide results:
Ave MB/s
Standard USB3 cable (USB 3.2 port)31
Recommended USB3 cable (USB 3.2 port)31
USB 3.2 USB reader in USB 3.2 port:
MicroSDXC PNY256GB, Class 10, A1, U3, V30
(rated 100MB/s)
MicroSDXC Lexar 256GB U3, A2, V30
(rated 160 MB/s)

So unfortunately I didn't get any better speed with the recommended cable, perhaps because I already had a good cable, but, using a USB 3.2 SD reader in my 3.2 USB port was definitely the best performance for me.

The A2 SD card was a last minute test, surprised at the difference. Almost 4X what I get with the cable, nearly 50% better than the A1 card, so definitely going that route from now on.
Just to beat this to death one more time, I purchased a SanDisk Pro-Reader MultiCard and pulled the Micro SD from my drone and transferred 6 video files totalling about 20GB and got a consistent transfer speed of 150-155 MB/s. I ran the test multiple times. My USB 3.2 cable alone never got more than 70 MB/s so I think I will be using the card reader going forward. I use a set of tweezers to help extract and insert the Micro SD and its not as cumbersome as I thought. This post was a helpful exercise since I now have a much faster transfer methodology. Thanks to all.

Reactions: Xitor

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada