DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB Hot Spot in Smart Controller Directly?

ThermalAerial

Reactions
Site
www.thermalaerial.com
Has anyone tried a USB Hot Spot plugged directly into the SC USB Port for a internet connection. I was thinking of getting one so can use it for my laptop or SC and have an Internet Connection. I see Sprint has a very small one. Just did not want to be draining my phone battery which is why I went with the SC to start with.
Thanks

Was think something like this.

Last edited:
I saw a video where someone had one. Since a wireless mouse works. I would imagine it is not an issue. You could go to a Sprint store and ask to use one in the store. It does not use much battery and you will only need it while flying around

This accessory it's really interesting but as far I can see the connectors are not USB, looks more like a car's Data link connector! Which makes sense since it's says it provides car diagnostics.

I might be wrong... Keep us posted!

Last edited:
This accessory it's really interesting but as far I can see the connectors are not USB, looks more like a car's Data link connector! Which makes sense since it's says it provides car diagnostics.

I might be wrong... Keep us posted!

I agree it may not be USB after reading more about it, but since said 1GB drive (maybe Drive means Car lol) was hoping USB. I will have to stop in to local Sprint / Verizon stores and see what they have. I was hoping this would work so did not have a bulky thing hanging off controller. But guess could go with the bigger units and power it with portable power pack. Will keep everyone update when I have a free minute to stop by the stores.

Reactions: Sergio Espinoza
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe153