DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USE DJI Refresh or Warranty or Do it my self - Timeline

BladeRunner

Reactions
Hi,

I have a MPP and it has intermittent Gimbal overload, Jello Effect and Gimbal shake errors. Gimbal lens gets very hot. So there is a hardware problem of some sort.

I have 6 months under warranty 6 months DJI refresh "2 replacements" and I need to take it to Utah on a trip in 3 weeks.

What do you think I should do?

1. Send in under warranty
  2. Burn a DJI Refresh - (will it be much faster return to me)?
  3. Or is it something that I can do myself easy enough with a gimbal ribbon replacement?

Looking for some guidance.

Thanks

Tom

Tom, have you checked that the gimble is seated properly? I have heard of a few cases when one side got dislodged and caused similar problems.
Hi,

I have a MPP and it has intermittent Gimbal overload, Jello Effect and Gimbal shake errors. Gimbal lens gets very hot. So there is a hardware problem of some sort.

I have 6 months under warranty 6 months DJI refresh "2 replacements" and I need to take it to Utah on a trip in 3 weeks.

3. Or is it something that I can do myself easy enough with a gimbal ribbon replacement?

Thanks

Tom

Over the phone DJI Refresh says 2 days after they get it they will ship it out.... ?

Do you belive that. I am in California and they repair center for me is in Texas.

Has this been happening since day one or after a software/firmware update? If since day one and there have been no "hard landings" then this should be covered under warranty. If after an update try rolling back.

Have you tried a Gimble calibration on a computer?
I have not, this is new to me bought used. Only had 1 week and have seen this progress from shake, to heat on gimbal to Gimbal overload warning. It just won't calibrate, but I will look up computer calibration.

Has this been happening since day one or after a software/firmware update? If since day one and there have been no "hard landings" then this should be covered under warranty. If after an update try rolling back.

I have not, this is new to me bought used. Only had 1 week and have seen this progress from shake, to heat on gimbal to Gimbal overload warning. What is the version I might want to try?

I have not, this is new to me bought used. Only had 1 week and have seen this progress from shake, to heat on gimbal to Gimbal overload warning. What is the version I might want to try?
You have removed the clear plastic gimbal lock, right?

You have removed the clear plastic gimbal lock, right?

Yes, thanks. Took that off everytime before flying.

Other clues are it just seems to have trouble getting horizon level.

Works for a little while then tries to readjust, comes up slanted. but in focus, starts to heat up "really hot" - the Camera. Yes fan running.

Hi,

Thanks

Tom

Thanks for mentioning me @Mossiback

This sounds like a problem with your gimbal motor assembly. If 1 gimbal motor is getting hot, which in this case is your pitch motor, and it cant maintain horizon, it will need to be replaced.

If the gimbal is still under warranty (6 months), you should send it in and they will fix it for free as long as it has not been crashed by the previous owner. Depending on your location, you could have a warranty replacement within 2-4 weeks.

Refresh would be another option, but will cost you $79 and you might get a replacement in 2-3 weeks.

I would say that doing it yourself is an option, but the motor assembly is a PITA to replace if you havent got the tools or experience. You can have the part quickly, but if you make a mistake, it will cost you more than a Refresh.

Doesn't DJI tend to invalidate warranties when resold? It's been said they do even if bought new if not purchased from an authorized dealer.

Thanks for mentioning me @Mossiback

This sounds like a problem with your gimbal motor assembly. If 1 gimbal motor is getting hot, which in this case is your pitch motor, and it cant maintain horizon, it will need to be replaced.

If the gimbal is still under warranty (6 months), you should send it in and they will fix it for free as long as it has not been crashed by the previous owner. Depending on your location, you could have a warranty replacement within 2-4 weeks.

Refresh would be another option, but will cost you $79 and you might get a replacement in 2-3 weeks.

I would say that doing it yourself is an option, but the motor assembly is a PITA to replace if you havent got the tools or experience. You can have the part quickly, but if you make a mistake, it will cost you more than a Refresh.

I sent it to Refresh, Logged in it asked for new name, and address, filled that out, it then gave me the option to use one of my 2 refresh returns.

SO... I'll keep you updated.

I sent it to Refresh, Logged in it asked for new name, and address, filled that out, it then gave me the option to use one of my 2 refresh returns.

SO... I'll keep you updated.

Dont be shocked if they send you a bill for $400 or more at first. Sometimes you have to remind them that it is a Refresh, and they will adjust the bill to $79 or whatever your deductible is..

Reactions: genesimmons

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki