DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use of FAA logo.

These are the ones that I am looking at:
if what you guys are says is true, then a lot of these you cannot legally use:
1568399444828.png

I've always found this interest in using FAA symbology as an extreme form of "look at me now" insecurity.
Goofy and ridiculous vests. FAA logos etc.
I've never seen an airplane pilot do such a thing, or even consider it.
Just an interesting sidebar to drone operators.
Airline pilots don't wear vests? Look again.

Attachments

• Inspection.jpg
    Inspection.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Torque
Airline pilots don't wear vests? Look again.
Everyone working around runways and adjacent airside areas is required to wear hi-vis clothing for safety reasons.
That's a very different thing from what was being commented on.

Reactions: BigAl07
I searched but didn't really find anything.
I reached out to the FAA about using a logo on my website to help me stand out against the competition, and this was their reply:

Thank you for contacting the FAA's Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Support Center.

You may not use the FAA logo.

Oh, well, it was worth a try!

FAA Library

Section 5, subsection b:
Who may use the logo. The FAA logo is a trademark/service mark of the Federal Aviation Administration. Only FAA organizations may use the FAA logo, unless approved by the Assistant Administrator for Communications. See paragraph 9 of this order.

I believe that means they may officially get grumpy.

I know this is an old thread, but Amazon is still selling a bunch of these and others similar in different formats. Why isn't the FAA telling them they can't sell them? I have also seen YouTubers with those same stickers on their drones cases. If they shouldn't be used, the FAA should have Amazon remove them. I even bought a few myself. But I guess, I won't be using them.

I'm sure a simple email from the FAA could easily have them removed. So, why is Amazon selling them and why hasn't the FAA send a cease and desist letter?

1715630375729.jpeg

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but Amazon is still selling a bunch of these and others similar in different formats. Why isn't the FAA telling them they can't sell them? I have also seen YouTubers with those same stickers on their drones cases. If they shouldn't be used, the FAA should have Amazon remove them. I even bought a few myself. But I guess, I won't be using them.

I'm sure a simple email from the FAA could easily have them removed. So, why is Amazon selling them and why hasn't the FAA send a cease and desist letter?

View attachment 175002
I may have missed this thread years ago when it was posted. Usually people only the read the parts they want to read. It's fine to use it under several circumstances. It's not fine to misuse it. Just like the FBI or the CIA logo. Or, you can read about it here but please read the entire notice and don't forget, this seal belongs to the people, not the government; keep that in mind:

Reactions: MotoSavy
I know this is an old thread, but Amazon is still selling a bunch of these and others similar in different formats. Why isn't the FAA telling them they can't sell them?
Half (actually probably more than half) the stuff on Amazon isn't sold by Amazon at all, any more than stuff at a flea market is sold by the person who owns the property that the flea market is on. When you see those weird brand names like "OBSED", "NTCOCO", "MAKIMOO", etc. (real names I just picked off Amazon), those are third party sellers, half (actually probably more than half) of whom are in China.

What's the FAA going to do about trademark infringement by tiny pop-up companies in China? Heck, that's the world capitol of counterfeit products.

Personally, I wouldn't use any logo, or create anything that may cause one to speculate any correlation to the FAA. I'm not against those that do it and more power to them. It's just that I feel the FAA/UAS current relationship is still on shakey ground...and knowing ME with my bad luck, out of the thousands of drone pilots out there flying, I would most likey be the one approached by a FAA rep about a logo on my vest that has some type of indication to the FAA. lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rsantangelo