DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use of Sport Mode to halt all other modes

rfc

Reactions
Learning and practicing emergency routines. Was in Tripod mode and got a low battery warning, and wanted to get back home fast, but couldn't figure out how to get out of Tripod Mode. (I subsequently learned that I think in any of the advanced modes, there's an "X" on the left side of the screen...I didn't see it at the time).
At any rate, I've read that toggling into and out of Sport Mode will stop all other modes.

Is this the best/fastest course of action to stop all the advanced modes? Return to Home? All others?

I wish DJI would give us a option to activate a 1 minute verbal interval count up. Or count down what ever we prefer. My Taranis TX Radio has it and it certainly helps me monitor battery usage . Visual helps but having both would be much better. Set up to your own prefrence. Every minute, or 2 or 5 .

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Yes, sports mode is a great way to get out of all the special flight modes, you can then simply flick it back and be in normal mode.
You mentioned RTH, if you activate this in sports mode, or it happens automatically due to low battery, it will go back to normal flight mode anyway for the RTH . . . and you will have obstacle avoidance working.

Will flicking the sports mode switch also help cancel out a drone deploy mission?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle