DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use Paypal? Common sense helps.

Former Member

Reactions
I've been seeing a rash of scams online, including Facebook, and some via email. Although Im tempted to jump on a Mavic from China for $129, my common sense kicks in and says, "A Mavic for $129? It's a scam!," and I refrain from wasting my time and money on it.

I buy alot of things using Paypal, and with their buyer protection, it makes me feel good that they will protect me from scams and fraud. However, there are unscrupulous sellers out there, who know how to beat Paypals buyer protection security measures, and you will lose your money if you give in to these sellers.

Most of the time, after you get scammed, you will eventually get your money back after a long, drawn out affair after filing a buyers protection claim with Paypal. Sometimes, the sellers are so devious and manipulative, you will get nothing back at all. If you are a decent, law abiding person, and trust people at their word, you will be easy prey to these criminals. They are like pickpockets on a busy sidewalk. You wont know that youve been victimized until it's too late, and then you have to hope you get your wallet back.

If a deal looks too good to be true, it is. If you get caught up in the moment and want to buy it, go ahead, but expect to wait weeks or months to see your money again, if ever.

Common sense rules the day. Dont fall for the scam in the first place, and for goodness sake, dont send them any money.

If you are buying from an online seller that you have never bought from before, dont be shy about asking a million questions about the seller and the item. If the seller hesitates, walk away. You are within your rights to ask for the sellers full name, address, telephone number, and references as to recent past transactions. eBay has a feedback system in place, so you might do well there. Amazon screens their sellers pretty well.

There will always be that person who jumps on a scammers deal, but try not to let that person be you.

Last edited:
PayPal fees for opening a
"resolution claim"..$20
But thank you for this post hope some rides it and get value

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998