DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use with Osmo mobile 2

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
I just saw a mount system for the Osmo mobile gimbal. Has anyone used this? If this is a good fit it may sway me into getting one as I hate using my phone as the camera.

I have the Osmo Mobile 2. I'll just be shooting around the house, inside and out. Very smooth. It takes a little to get used to. Be sure to balance the phone. I love it and can't wait for an upcoming street fair to put it thru it's paces.

sorry for confusion. I thought as i posted this in the OSMO Action forum it would have been obvious.
I meant, has anyone used the osmo action in the osmo mobile 2 gimbal
cheers

sorry for confusion. I thought as i posted this in the OSMO Action forum it would have been obvious.
I meant, has anyone used the osmo action in the osmo mobile 2 gimbal
cheers
Interesting idea maybe.. I have both the action and the mobile 2.
I'm not sure what your purpose for it might be..
The "rocksteady" stabilization software that the action camera has completly cancels out any potential use of the mobile 2, right?
I actually have the pocket, also and just sold that on eBay this weekend. So, after initially purchasing the mobile 2 and then moving to the pocket and finally the action camera, I've found the action camera perfect for my short hand held cinematic and high-action shots. It's a freaking tank, durability wise. Waterproof and G-shock-like shock resistance. The mic 8s no worse than the pocket and I don't really "blog" anyhoo. I post-process with dji software and/or Adobe Creative cloud programs like premier pro. So I'm usually laying music ontop of vids before posting to social media platforms.
Plus, the choices to film from are spectacular. Yes, I can film in 4k 60fps but at 24fps and in dji's "cinematic" mode, I'm able to film an awesome "flatter" looking vid that really allows for nice post processing.

Whatever, the answer is no. Lol. I haven't tried it yet. The only possible plus I can imagine is battery life being more than doubled by NOT using Rocksteady and using the (battery powered) Mobile 2 as a substitute.

Super redundant, if you ask me.

Could you do Panoramas, Timelapses, Motionlapses using both Action camera mounted on Osmo Mobile using third party apps like Filmic Pro if you alreeady have an Osmo Mobile? Have you tried that.

I did this, sort of. I did it with the Osmo+ with the phone head. It does work for balancing, but you can't do the majority of the features that you would with a phone. Can't do motion timelapse, can't do follow me, or any other special features. It is weird, because you can use the DJI app for panoramas, but it still won't work. It will move the camera correctly, but it won't take the pictures.

Perhaps this is something that DJI could add to the app, but knowing DJI even if they could, they won't.

So only for balancing like so you can utilize the third axis of your Gimbal for your Action Camera right. I have another question what if you use the Mimo App will it work your Osmo Gimbal? as in the Osmo Pocket but I bet you can use the Mimo app for Action Camera mou ted on Osmo Gimbal and be control from your phone as a separate screen right if you know what I mean.

So only for balancing like so you can utilize the third axis of your Gimbal for your Action Camera right. I have another question what if you use the Mimo App will it work your Osmo Gimbal? as in the Osmo Pocket but I bet you can use the Mimo app for Action Camera mou ted on Osmo Gimbal and be control from your phone as a separate screen right if you know what I mean.

First question: Yes. It will work as a gimbal to keep it balanced. You also can use the "joystick" to pivot the camera.

Second question: I don't think so, but I'm not sure. You connect to both the Osmo Action and the gimbal via wifi. You might be able to connect to the gimbal via bluetooth, but I don't remember. You can connect to the Action via the Mimo app and have a second screen, but it doesn't control the gimbal. You could have two phones (or tablets), one connected to the camera, one to the gimbal, but I don't think you could control both through one app.

On the Mimo app you have to select either an Action or a Pocket. It would require an update to the app (or to the DJI Go app) to make it possible to control both through one device. It MAY be possible (think gimbal connect via bluetooth and cam through wifi), but I am nearly positive you can't do it now and if you can't I would bet huge sums of cash DJI would not make it possible to do so.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661