DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used goggles for two flights, had headache and now eye strain.

lion

Reactions
So I tried the goggles out today for the first time, it was good to be able to see clearly what is going on, and made for an immersive flying experience. I only went on two flights with them. I noticed on the second flight I had a bit of a headache, but ignored it to the end. Since returning home to process my eyes have been aching looking at the laptop screen, even though I do that regularly without issue.

I have perfect vision, but only because my eyes were lazered a few years back. I am wondering if that may cause an issue? Either way I am going to try them again tomorrow and adjust the pupil knob to see if I can get a better view and not get eye strain. Otherwise I may have to return them :/ That would be a shame as I am looking forward to trying the head tracking features

Try to do your best to relax. Don't kid yourself, it is a stressful experience, and part of why its so fun!

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
You need to be able to focus pretty close to your eyes, if your eyesight is starting to get marginal but not where you need glasses to read you may be straining your eyes to focus so close. Just speculation as i'm not an optometrist.

So I tried the goggles out today for the first time, it was good to be able to see clearly what is going on, and made for an immersive flying experience. I only went on two flights with them. I noticed on the second flight I had a bit of a headache, but ignored it to the end. Since returning home to process my eyes have been aching looking at the laptop screen, even though I do that regularly without issue.

I have perfect vision, but only because my eyes were lazered a few years back. I am wondering if that may cause an issue? Either way I am going to try them again tomorrow and adjust the pupil knob to see if I can get a better view and not get eye strain. Otherwise I may have to return them :/ That would be a shame as I am looking forward to trying the head tracking features

I had sort of blurry vision in them and strained to see better too. Bought reading glasses at 3.0 diopter and it’s no issue for me now. I have great vision but need reading glasses for up close when reading (1.50 diopter) but for the drone screen because it’s cliser than a book, I bought the 3.0 power reading glasses at Walmart and they work perfectly. Bit of a nuisance wearing glasses w the use of my drone using the goggles but I love the goggles so much I was willing to do it.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest