DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used or new mini?

Costco come with one less battery and single charging station. I'd get second hand if legit seller. The only advantage with Costco I can see is you could buy DJI Care More insurance for another $39. I just sold mine on eBay for $485 with additional memory card, range extender, phone shade and ND filters. Negotiate ;)

I am leaning towards the second hand bundle, but I am nervous if it were to break then I would be stuck with a broken drone and a whole bunch of accessories. Thanks for the input

You have to try to crash the Mini! Trust RTH, don't fly in high winds, and only against the wind if you do fly when there's wind. If you get into a sticky situation, let go of the sticks and it'll hover till you figure out what to do. Mini was my first drone and over 100 flights. Hit a bush or two early on and no damage. It's amazing technology. And DON'T fly where someone might think you're spying, even though Google Earth gives a better view, that what some folks drone a for!

If i go and look at the drone today, what should I look at to see how well it has been taken care of, how it has been flyed, etc.

A few things that spring to mind:

- Check the number of cycles each of the batteries have done - you'll need to plug them in and power up drone/controller/phone for each to check.
- Check the props for scuffs/nicks
-Check the body for any signs of crashes
-Check the gimbal for free and smooth movement and check it keeps the camera level and stable when holding and moving/spinning the powered-on drone
- Check it flies ok - as for a demo.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
3 dots in the top right corner, then go to the "about" tab and scroll to the bottom.Thumbswayup

Reactions: Thewrightstuff
Someone offered the person on Craigslist $500 for everything so I guess that's out of the picture. I guess I am going to go with the Costco bundle. What are your thoughts on that?

Reactions: 2Mavics4AManiac
Someone offered the person on Craigslist $500 for everything so I guess that's out of the picture. I guess I am going to go with the Costco bundle. What are your thoughts on that?
All for it, I bought the Costco bundle and then went to amazon for extra batteries and charging hub right away and have been very happy

Reactions: ff22
I am happy to say that I have placed my order! I have read that the dome base is slower to charge, has anyone had experience with it? Thank you for all the help! Stoked to be flying!
View attachment 107321
If you have a fast charging phone like Samsung Note series or similar your cell phone charger *should* be able to fast charge mini, but I broke down and bought DJI 18w charging base to use for dome and charging hub

I think you'll thank yourself in the future for buying a brand new drone. There would have always been a niggling thought about a 2nd hand model. Happy flying and please take time in open field to get used to the controls and definatley buy the DJI Care package.

Something to think on, for every charge cycle and presumably every 'put the drone away/take the drone out to play' cycle you are going to be making and breaking a micro USB connection on the drone. I dislike that idea and would strongly suggest you consider the 3 battery charger hub. It's £35 on Amazon UK and I'd guess you have an equivalent price in the US. It may not be as cool as a glass dome with flashing lights but.............

If the drone is in really good shape, you can get the DJI care package by doing some complete video demonstrating it works flawlessly, I believe.
I've been trying to to get info on whether or not a drone bought second hand is eligible for Refresh. I spoke with DJI Chat Tech Support, gave them the SN of the aircraft and the Tech told me it wasn't covered. I'd like a site where I can input the SN of any Mavic and get a "yes or no" on coverage. Is there such a site? My new friend resells merchandise and I'm helping with the Drone repairs.

Reactions: ff22
Philius! Love it man thanks. Where would you go if you were trying to find parts for a complete rebuild on a mavic air? H&B not so much and I cant seem to find the parts i need on the DJI Official site...I'll pass it on to my friend, Constantine Buttox!

Just read the tutorial. Haven't watched the Video. If all the flight and software checks out operates properly it would appear that when I repair my Air (had a dance with palm fronds at 75 ft!) I'll be able to Care Refresh it! Thats friggin awesome! Like Lasers on Sharks cool!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre