DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

User blocked from livestreaming

Amckim2084

Reactions
So I tried live streaming a flight on YouTube the other day and I put in the title and description. From there I tap go live and I get the message User blocked from live-streaming. It’s enabled on my YouTube account but is there something I’m doing wrong? I got iPhones 5s and latest update on both phone and mavic air. I’ve never live-streamed any thing before.

yes it is a known issue... Sadly. It was working a few weeks ago I am not sure if anyone has figured out exactly what the problem is.

Reactions: Amckim2084
Check out this thread:

yes it is a known issue... Sadly. It was working a few weeks ago I am not sure if anyone has figured out exactly what the problem is.

Yea I tried to google it and also search here but not much about it.

Check out this thread:

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Reactions: Former Member
Maybe I'm a bit more sensitive to the issue of livestreaming because of the March 15th massacre of 50 people going about their daily lives, which happened pretty much on my doorstep. The terrorist livestreamed those killings and the shooting of about another 50 men women and children.
As "mildly annoyed" as you might feel that you are having issues trying to livestream, you may just want to step back a bit from that annoyance and think about the reasons why FB, YT and other social media live-streaming services are getting a lot of pressure put on them, by many different governments, to be a whole lot more proactive around how they monitor and moderate livestreaming of video content. As innocent and innocuous as it might seem to you, your aerial photography is probably going to rouse some suspicion by human moderators at the moment. Also, I suspect algorithms are possibly not as smart as we might all think, to capably separate out innocent/innocuous content from potentially threatening content.

Maybe I'm a bit more sensitive to the issue of livestreaming because of the March 15th massacre of 50 people going about their daily lives, which happened pretty much on my doorstep. The terrorist livestreamed those killings and the shooting of about another 50 men women and children.
As "mildly annoyed" as you might feel that you are having issues trying to livestream, you may just want to step back a bit from that annoyance and think about the reasons why FB, YT and other social media live-streaming services are getting a lot of pressure put on them, by many different governments, to be a whole lot more proactive around how they monitor and moderate livestreaming of video content. As innocent and innocuous as it might seem to you, your aerial photography is probably going to rouse some suspicion by human moderators at the moment. Also, I suspect algorithms are possibly not as smart as we might all think, to capably separate out innocent/innocuous content from potentially threatening content.

so, are you suggesting when an evil event happens we should just give up our right to expression? If this were a standard then lots of our liberties would be stifled at the behest of being 'safe' - don't want to start a political engagement but this is how we lose our ability to enjoy this hobby/profession

so, are you suggesting when an evil event happens we should just give up our right to expression? If this were a standard then lots of our liberties would be stifled at the behest of being 'safe' - don't want to start a political engagement but this is how we lose our ability to enjoy this hobby/profession

I agree. Though I feel bad for the people this happens to in any livestream event, why punish everyone? Now if it’s down for a short time while things are situated then I’m all for it. But if I can’t go out someday and show my friends and family what I’m doing at the moment, then it ruins the whole fun for the day. If they come up with some kind of vetting process, great. As long as we don’t have to be penalized for things we never do.

Reactions: FL AV8R
As suggested, political engagement would probably NOT be the best way to discuss an issue where the potential to polarise peoples' view might not be the best way to promote open discussion amongst this world wide fraternity of "Mavic Pilots".
It is unfortunate that all of us have all to frequently been penalised and made to experience the stifling of individual and collective liberties during the last 25 - 30 years, in which social media has evolved to the point of becoming an inextricable element of our daily lives. We can only hope that our collective political masters and those that would see any form of enforced legislative policing as an impingement of our liberty and social freedoms can find an acceptable balance that will work for all of us. That will take time, and, I suspect might produce outcomes that will not be acceptable to everyone.
My feelings are that the freedoms of: speech, movement, association, belief and social freedoms, which we all want to believe in and cherish, come at a price for all of us, individually and collectively!
My apologies for sounding a "bit heavy", but I go back to a point in my original post on this thread, in which I have attempted to promote a reason why livestreaming video content at the moment may not be delivering in a way that had been previously taken as a given.

And I said if it’s down for awhile while it’s situated or they come up with a way to make it better, then I’m all for it. But I thought that was a given too. But oh well, there’s at least one on every Pilot site. I’m done with this thread. Peace ✌

Reactions: JakeRobinson
looks like they made it so mobile devices cant live stream without 1000 subscribers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190620-103031_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190620-103031_Samsung Internet.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20190620-103031_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190620-103031_Samsung Internet.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: dawgpilot
looks like they made it so mobile devices cant live stream without 1000 subscribers

You can work around that by setting up the Custom RTSP mode. If you dig into the YouTube livestream settings, you can find your RTSP address, which you can enter into DJI GO 4 under the live stream settings.

You can work around that by setting up the Custom RTSP mode. If you dig into the YouTube livestream settings, you can find your RTSP address, which you can enter into DJI GO 4 under the live stream settings.

Would you happen to know where in YT to fine RTSP?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin