DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using 2 phones

Bernzter

Reactions
Hi all,

Just wanted to check if it's ok to use 2 phones for 1 Mavic Air. I usually have a Note 8 which works great with the RC and MA. But cleaning my home I found an old Note 3 which has no issues whatsoever.

I have just reformatted that to factory settings and was thinking of using this as my MA phone, I won't be putting a sim card into it but another SD card and will solely use it as such.

Was wondering if there would be any problems with me using 2 phones for the drone? Or do I just have to dedicate 1 for my MA?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You can use as many as you like as long as the DJI software supports them. Be careful though, If you don't keep some kind of log as to which device was used per flight and drone, then when and if issues arise, hopefully not... it may be difficult to remember which device has the files needed, Pic's, vid's, or logs. I use 6 devices shared among 4 drones. Galaxy S5, S6, S8, Tab 4, iPhone 7, ipad mini4, P3A, Mavic Pro, Spark, and for fun Tello.

Hope this helps, safe flying

Thanks for that

I was thinking of using the Note 3 for all of my drones, (tello, MA and soon the Spark) and use the Note 8 as a spare in case I forget to charge my note 3.

Appreciate it.

You can use as many as you like as long as the DJI software supports them. Be careful though, If you don't keep some kind of log as to which device was used per flight and drone, then when and if issues arise, hopefully not... it may be difficult to remember which device has the files needed, Pic's, vid's, or logs. I use 6 devices shared among 4 drones. Galaxy S5, S6, S8, Tab 4, iPhone 7, ipad mini4, P3A, Mavic Pro, Spark, and for fun Tello.

How do you keep your flight logs up to date across the devices? Is there a way to manually merge files on the devices? You could sync them all to a DJI server, but I don't want to share all that data with DJI.

How do you keep your flight logs up to date across the devices? Is there a way to manually merge files on the devices? You could sync them all to a DJI server, but I don't want to share all that data with DJI.

hi, I use airdata along with dji logs. there is no real easy way to know. you can check log dates/times and match them up manually but that can get problematic and time consuming. if and when I use multiple devices for a single drone, I keep a separate manual log, electronic of course then back it up regularly.

as an example, when flying my spark I like to use my dji goggles but not as dji intended them to be used due to the direct hookup bypassing the rc. goggles to drone by passing the phone. I like to have both working at the same time, the rc controlling and the goggles to fpv. so I use my iphone7 with a lightning to hdmi cable (about $50us apple of course) connected directly to the goggles hdmi input, and wirelessly connect the phone to the ac. works great. when not using them I use my s8 now that dji supports otg.

so far, been able to keep track pretty well across all devices and ac's.

hope that helps, safe and fun flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54