DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using 2018 iPad 9.7 inch 32 gig with mavic pro

emed2020

Reactions
My pixel 3 is unreliable with my mavic pro. Looking at best alternative. Anyone using the latest iPad? Any negative results?

Is what I have but 128gb with cellular and love it . Not had any issues yet but had none with my mini .
Just wanted a bigger screen .

Reactions: Turn11
I use one with my Mavic Pro, (mine is the 16Gb version) and have had virtually no problems in more than 10 months.

(I am not a fan of Apple products, so if there had been anything to complain about I'd jump at the opportunity.) ;)

The screen is the perfect size for the controller. If you're going to be working in direct sun, a detachable shade is a worthwhile accessory. Mine is a "Favrison 9.7" L200" got it on Amazon.

My pixel 3 is unreliable with my mavic pro. Looking at best alternative. Anyone using the latest iPad? Any negative results?

Reactions: Carl36
I just started using it ,128 Gb 9.7 iPad 2018 w/ my MP .... happy w/ result!

Currently using an iPhone X with no issues but always wondered what it would be like with my iPad. Do you guys not find it all too unwieldy?

Currently using an iPhone X with no issues but always wondered what it would be like with my iPad. Do you guys not find it all too unwieldy?
I use my pixel XL with a controller mod...the iPad will fit in the same clamp...and it'll fit in my pelican case as well. I'll deal with the bulk in exchange for reliability for sure.

I use one with my Mavic Pro, (mine is the 16Gb version) and have had virtually no problems in more than 10 months.

(I am not a fan of Apple products, so if there had been anything to complain about I'd jump at the opportunity.) ;)

The screen is the perfect size for the controller. If you're going to be working in direct sun, a detachable shade is a worthwhile accessory. Mine is a "Favrison 9.7" L200" got it on Amazon.
I totally agree with this comment. I'm also not a fan of Apple products but after switching out my Apple phones for Android, I had problems with the Android which could not solved by DJI or anyone else. Decided to bite the bullet and purchase a new Ipad Mini (non cell) just for the Mavic and walla - absolutely no problems. Have used it for a year now, over 200 flights around the globe, absolutely no problems. For some reason and as far as I've found out, DJI has not catered any support for the Android side. Can't fight the proof and I continue to use the mini for all flights - its great and fits nicely in the controller without extra brackets and fits in my bag with everything else. A great setup. Good luck with your choice.

I found the phone too small for my aging eyes. Love the Ipad mini screen, fits beautifully on the controller and works well. See my comments below.

I tried the mini but found the brightness in sun to be well below the iPhone X. Size is perfect though!

No problem with that, I just make sure the screen is facing away from the sun and haven't had a problem The Iphone X might have a brighter screen, but as phones go, I'm not falling into that trap again. Androids are a fraction of the cost and I'm quite happy with mine. Its whatever suits you best in the end.

I have a 10.5 inch and love it. The glare from the sun may be bothersome if not covered and out in the open. I use the hoodman and love it. No issues at all and I don't feel like its too much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird