DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using a iPad as a second (viewing) screen?

Babar

Reactions
I was wondering does anyone know or have tried to connect a iPad in addition to your phone? Using a iPad as a viewing screen for a friend?

Reactions: mavic88
You can only connect one mobile device to the Mavic remote controller at a time.

You can have another iPad or iPhone view from your Mavic connected phone or iPad . By using an application from the Apple App Store called "DJI Screen Share" The app allows for screen sharing of one device on the initial purchase. You can pay for additional connection per device. It shows the screen shot without all the telemetry and features like DJI GO 4 shows. I own it but have yet to use it.

Reactions: Zirk and Babar
You can have another iPad or iPhone view from your Mavic connected phone or iPad . By using an application from the Apple App Store called "DJI Screen Share" The app allows for screen sharing of one device on the initial purchase. You can pay for additional connection per device. It shows the screen shot without all the telemetry and features like DJI GO 4 shows. I own it but have yet to use it.

Thank you we'll have to give it a shot this weekend

That's interesting, but I have seen some comments from users with negative results like: it doesn't works, you can't see the exact screen etc. I will see your test/ experience...

You have also the Litchi app named Litchi Vue doing almost the same as DJI Screen Share...but better to my opinion.

You have also the Litchi app named Litchi Vue doing almost the same as DJI Screen Share...but better to my opinion.

As mentioned I have yet to use it . I did initiate it and you get full mirrored screen of the attached device with your controller. I know it's a fraction of the price of Litchi if that is the only feature you are looking for .

I've tried going the route of broadcasting an rtmp feed and picking that up on an iPad running VLC, but the VLC iPad app crashes frequently. I have very good luck using ffplay on a laptop to display that feed. Going this route usually means you'll have a few seconds of latency, but with ffplay it's only about half a second (network dependent of course).

Bear in mind (I think) Litchi Vue is only available for iOS at the moment.

I know this is an old thread but I was searching for a way to mirror controller screen and found an app in the App Store called EasyCast. It’s free and has been working. Time will tell if it causes any problems such as device overload or overheating.
The only thing is it is WiFi dependent. Not always available where I fly.EA86A37B-92A9-486B-8923-06D3ECC13ABE.jpegEA86A37B-92A9-486B-8923-06D3ECC13ABE.jpeg

Last edited:
I fly UASs for CAP. We have a need for a screen sharing app that will work across devices. Samsung to iPad as an example. Does anyone know if some of the options mentioned in this thread support iOS as well as Samsung OS devices?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut