DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

using a phone on DJI Mini

I wasn't able to keep it perfectly in place, but watching other hyperlapse videos showed me that some movement from the craft is acceptable...
I did have one instance of rotational drift. That is, the drone rotated slightly, but noticeably, to the left and I had to use the left stick to bring it back. That was the only drift I experienced over three batteries and over 400 images, but I may not be able to use those dozen or so images.

It would be a bit of work, but you might be able to reframe the ones that are off by cropping off one edge and "faking" the missing edge, e.g. with a clone tool or copying an edge from a good frame.

Nice photo! Anyone who likes sunsets is in for lots of colorful ones with the Sahara dust blowing through. Have fun! :)Thumbswayup

Just to revive the discussion here: so putting the phone on AIRPLANE MODE has no advantage or benefit as far as the connectivity between the Mini, the controller, and the phone (video image, gps signals, display etc) are concerned? ?

The benefit is no interruptions and less resources being used so if your phone is fully charged before use, it won't drain the controller as much.
They also say less interference is better for the signal between RC and Mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming