DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using DJI Care Refresh

My personal experience with DJI Care Refresh was shocking to me.....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shouldn't that have been covered by warranty?

In another thread, I described how my Mavic Pro "fell out of the sky" with no power. I shared my .DAT file, and the general consensus was that either my battery was loose or that I had a battery failure.

Since my gimbal cable was broken, I had to decide whether to repair it myself or send it in. If I repaired it myself, I was worried that I might void my warranty AND the Care Refresh. But if I sent it in, then I might burn one of my two "refreshes" (and $79) for something simple. I decided not to take a chance with voiding my warranty, so I decided to send it in and hope for a warranty fix.

So when you go online to start the process, any type of damage to the drone must be categorized at "Crash or Water Damage". Then, you must choose between regular repair service and Care Refresh if you have it, and that Care Refresh is an expedited service. After you pay the $79, you are told to box the Mavic Pro and props (not the controller, battery, sd card, etc) and send it in.

After I mailed it, I realized that I forgot to remove the micro sd card and my uv filter. I contacted support to ask them to add a note to my file. Support basically said that they would add a note but that I might not get them back. What's worse is that they told me that once they charge you the $79, you have burned your first refresh and you can't get your money back NO MATTER WHAT.

So my question is: If you have a legitimate warranty issue, how are you supposed to send it in without burning your Care Refresh?
When submitting your return request you do not tick the refresh box .... this means your drone will be looked at and in the notes section you copy the detail from your online support chat or email responses and request that they check the flight records for evidence of the failure.

This what I did with my return almost two months ago.

Shouldn't that have been covered by warranty?
It might have been covered by the warranty but it would have just been a repair to the camera and I owuld have had to pay the postage so I thought this was better value for money, a quicker service and I got a new drone to boot Thumbswayup

Since day one 2-3-17 my mavic has reported a esc motor 3 error restart and if problem persists contact DJI support. The problem has been intermittent over the last seven months and 2,300,00 feet traveled. Finally 3 weeks ago it just would not start. I contacted DJI email support. After 2 days of back and forth I got my UPS shipping label. Boxed up the mavic with the required paperwork along with copy of my DJI care refresh. Labeled outside of box DJI Care Refresh per instructions. Mailed on 9-8-17 received by DJI on 9-14-17. I checked repair progress daily and found it showed repaired no charge. Shipped back to me on 9-18-17. Shows will arrive on 9-22-17. Exactly 2 weeks from ship off to return. Also my camera had stress cracks in several places. It appears they replaced the camera as it shows a new S/N for the camera gimbal. So I was prepared to use Care Refresh but did not need it. See what I get in the mail on 9-22-17.

Update:. I did get my Mavic back on 9-22-17. Brand new unit. My DJI Care Refresh was also transferred to the unit.

Hello. I have a stress crack on the side of the front canopy near the left arm. I have a MPP and purchased the Refresh with the drone at time of purchase from the online store. I went online and created a repair ticket for which I now have a UPS Ground free shipping label to a repair facility in California. Did you simply put DJI Refresh on the box and included a copy to help expedite your Mavic? I had noticed if you want to use the DJI Refresh Express they want you to pay 89 dollars up front. My issue should be a warranty issue. It was bought on 11-21-17 with only 73 flights. No crashes or hard landings and kept in the Smartee hard shell case. Hoping for a quick turnouts too!

Hello. I have a stress crack on the side of the front canopy near the left arm. I have a MPP and purchased the Refresh with the drone at time of purchase from the online store. I went online and created a repair ticket for which I now have a UPS Ground free shipping label to a repair facility in California. Did you simply put DJI Refresh on the box and included a copy to help expedite your Mavic? I had noticed if you want to use the DJI Refresh Express they want you to pay 89 dollars up front. My issue should be a warranty issue. It was bought on 11-21-17 with only 73 flights. No crashes or hard landings and kept in the Smartee hard shell case. Hoping for a quick turnouts too!

I put Care Refresh on the outside of the box. Did not need it as DJI covered this under warranty. I guess it helps to let them know you are a Care Refresh customer. My Mavic was back in hand 2 weeks to the day I mailed it. Getting the Mailing label is the hard part. After that its smooth sailing.

I put Care Refresh on the outside of the box. Did not need it as DJI covered this under warranty. I guess it helps to let them know you are a Care Refresh customer. My Mavic was back in hand 2 weeks to the day I mailed it. Getting the Mailing label is the hard part. After that its smooth sailing.
I was able to get the label within 8 hours of contacting support- will see how the rest goes. Thanks for your help. I will do that as well!

When it says print my case. I wasn't able to print or download a pdf. How can I get back to that so I can print a print my case paperwork. Or can I just put my case number in the box hand written?

Care, according to the agreement is not only to provide a replacement, but VIP service. When you get the quote back, THEN is where they should give you the option of repair or replace. If one wanted just to have it replaced, there's already the express option.
I may have burned my first refresh when it would have cost only $233 for the repair. The system is so automated, there's no room for human interaction to satisfy the customer's reasonable expectation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter