DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using drone to do work

I like a lot of the tips in this string (yes I know, but the pun was unintended) I especially liked the Tripod tip, good job everyone.

I'm rural Oregon and there is a boat load of trees that do die on occasion. To get a snag down next to the house I need to attach a choker rope around the tree about 50' up. No way I'm going to try to climb that so I was thinking to have the drone take a think nylon rope up and around the tree. The thin nylon rope would be used to pull up the choker rope. I'm thinking of the type of thin nylon rope used for marking foundation lines. Maybe attach a small clip to drone and attach the nylon rope to the clip so if there was an issue the drone could pull away and the rope would just pull out of the clip.

Anybody try this?
Sound like a job for professional tree surgeon... like myself although im in the UK. !!

I'm rural Oregon and there is a boat load of trees that do die on occasion. To get a snag down next to the house I need to attach a choker rope around the tree about 50' up. No way I'm going to try to climb that so I was thinking to have the drone take a think nylon rope up and around the tree. The thin nylon rope would be used to pull up the choker rope. I'm thinking of the type of thin nylon rope used for marking foundation lines. Maybe attach a small clip to drone and attach the nylon rope to the clip so if there was an issue the drone could pull away and the rope would just pull out of the clip.

Anybody try this?

Anybody try this?
I was spending the summer in Maui fishing with my mavic with gum attached to the leg and a gental wiggle 300yards out and line weight and chum all fall down. Caught many fish without the cast. Need to create a release clamp for this instead of my MacGyver trick. The skys the limit.

I have contemplated connecting a tiny claw made from a servo to the front LED lights on mavic so I could drop stuff by turning on/off the lights. While this method would be a bit more involved than some others I thought it would make an easy reliable way to drop things.

It's just a novelty as mavic is not rated for much of a payload.

I'm a lineman in Oregon. We have an overabundance of trees. When we have to pull lines through the easement we fly the drone with braided fishing line peeling off a large saltwater reel, tie it to mule tape, and reel the mule tape back. Then we just winch the lines and we dont have to bushwack our way through. I have done huge river crossing, crossed canyons and miles of blackberries with this technique.

Reactions: Lapeer20m
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc