Using Face Book Live and Wifi Hotspot

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by stealle, Nov 20, 2016.

1. stealle

stealle Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried Facebook Live with and iPad connected to your iPhone as a wifi hotspot? I was wondering if someone can tell me how well it worked for them (while I'm waiting for my battery to charge, ha). I can't see well on my iPhone. I have a few friends wanting to see some FB Live action, but I don't want to waste my time using my ipad mini 2 if it's just going to be dropping frames. I was hoping someone that has been there and done that could give me some tips.

2. milsonian

milsonian Active Member

I tried that with my android phone (and a separate phone in the remote). Using 2.4G for the hotspot band was a bad idea, there was tons of remote interference and I aborted the flight quickly. Switching the hotspot to 5G solved the interference problem but in both cases the live feed had a lot of dropouts.