DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using GPS coordinates as waypoints in DJI GO 4 or ???

Pixelglow

Reactions
Hi DJI community - I am new here and am hoping that someone with more experience can answer this question for me. I have ten properties to shoot that are all raw land in remote areas. Each one comes with the GPS coordinates for the four corners. My question is - can I use the waypoints in DJI Go 4 to create a map for the drone to auto fly to each of the four corners. I know the initial answer is yes - but I do not see a way to get the gps coordinates into the ap. All I have is the ability to tap something on the map - which is too inaccurate for my purpose. Anyone else needing this or figured out a way to do it either using Go 4 or some third party app?

Thanks!

Reactions: Ce4tnkr
Use GSPro (iPad only) to input your coordinates directly in a waypoint mission.That's it.

Reactions: brett8883
Hi DJI community - I am new here and am hoping that someone with more experience can answer this question for me. I have ten properties to shoot that are all raw land in remote areas. Each one comes with the GPS coordinates for the four corners. My question is - can I use the waypoints in DJI Go 4 to create a map for the drone to auto fly to each of the four corners. I know the initial answer is yes - but I do not see a way to get the gps coordinates into the ap. All I have is the ability to tap something on the map - which is too inaccurate for my purpose. Anyone else needing this or figured out a way to do it either using Go 4 or some third party app?

Thanks!
Litchi show the GPS coordinate too

I don't have an iPad (yet) so maybe Litchi is the way to go!

I don't see a way to input the coordinates in Litchi though - looks like the same tap the map type interface as Go 4. I guess the only difference is that Litchi allows you to see the coordinates after the tap?

Can I enter the coordinates in Litchi? I guess that happens in Mission Hub....

Last edited:
I don't have an iPad (yet) so maybe Litchi is the way to go!

I don't see a way to input the coordinates in Litchi though - looks like the same tap the map type interface as Go 4. I guess the only difference is that Litchi allows you to see the coordinates after the tap?

Can I enter the coordinates in Litchi?
The mission hub allows input like below. Just edit the coordinates. The other option is to input the coordinates into Google Earth, then export a path from Google Earth as a KML, into Litchi.

Reactions: bones81
Perfect - I knew there had to be something to do this! Thanks - will purchase Litchi and start practicing.

Reactions: Elliott

Thanks!

Bear with me, I'm new the UAV world and just thinking up some "what if " scenarios in which the drone could be utilized in our program. I operate from a large Fireboat in a commercial port in Southern California. As we are in open water, obstructions are not an issue. Many of our emergency responses include disabled boats, people in the water, lost swimmers ect. Intel usually includes a GPS Coordinate which we enter into the boat's navigation equipment giving us information such as distance, heading, time ect. to the position. My thought was entering the coordinates into the drone software, allowing the drone to speed ahead and get eyes on the scene before we could get there. The Coast Guard will usually scramble air assets, although there is lag time to consider. I realize there are lots of considerations such as distance (VLOS), launching and recovering from a moving ship, weather ect. Just brainstorming and wondering if somewhere in the GO4App you could enter a coordinate/GPS position and have the drone "go to it".

Bear with me, I'm new the UAV world and just thinking up some "what if " scenarios in which the drone could be utilized in our program. I operate from a large Fireboat in a commercial port in Southern California. As we are in open water, obstructions are not an issue. Many of our emergency responses include disabled boats, people in the water, lost swimmers ect. Intel usually includes a GPS Coordinate which we enter into the boat's navigation equipment giving us information such as distance, heading, time ect. to the position. My thought was entering the coordinates into the drone software, allowing the drone to speed ahead and get eyes on the scene before we could get there. The Coast Guard will usually scramble air assets, although there is lag time to consider. I realize there are lots of considerations such as distance (VLOS), launching and recovering from a moving ship, weather ect. Just brainstorming and wondering if somewhere in the GO4App you could enter a coordinate/GPS position and have the drone "go to it".

Your situation is different from the OPs. In the OPs example Litchi Mission hub or GS Pro probably works fine because the mission is a route with more than one location and the route is known so it can be set up before hand. In your example you need a more ad-hoc solution that allows you to quickly fly to a single position and stay there.

The best way I know how to do this is with an Auto-Pilot target mission. 68920
A target mission is like a waypoint mission except it only has a single waypoint. The waypoint or in this case the “mark” can be updated in flight without stopping the mission.

What’s nice about this type of mission is it’s really simple. They aren’t actions or curved turns or anything like that all you have to do is input the altitude you want the drone to fly and the preferred speed. So in this set up you see I set altitude at 100 feet and speed at 40 MPH. It might not be able to do 40 but this tells it go as fast as you can. This could be saved as a preset.

Next I just input the coordinates and bam ready to go. If something changes in flight just input new coordinates and it will update the mark location.

Bam bam simple simple

Auto pilot also allows you to use your devices location as the homepoint even if the devices location is moving throught the flight. It will return to your device wherever it may be. DJI Go doesn’t allow this. I doubt GS Pro either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419