DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using hdmi goggles with Mavic, using Nvidia Shield

Founds some pics of the above method. Ideally, some right angle plugs would make it more streamline re: holding it. Would like to know if the Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 can fit; been thinking of picking one up.

a9480968-98-IMG_0284.jpg

a9480991-196-IMG_0145.jpg
No , the Nvidia Shield is too big. Here's my crude, temporary solution

Reactions: turbodronepilot
can be done with other tablet with hdmi output? becouse are a two or three more 8" tablets with hdmi or has to be the nvidia shield?

Should work with any device with hdmi output
So....whenusing an iPAD, An HDMI-lightning adapter should allow dual video output:
1) tablet using wifi
2) Goggles with HDMI input right ?

Now...I was thinking about using FPV google for large screens devices...any suggestion beyond using a smartphone with a decent resolution ?

Note: I wear eye glasses, so any thing can support correcting lenses, is compatible with eye glasses would be perfect.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing. I have a connector at home and I'll give it a shot with an HDMI cable and a tv just to see what happens...

I just tried it with the lightning to HDMI adapter and it doesn't work. The app will not connect to the aircraft through the adapter. Too bad. I tried it with an iPad mini 2 and an iPhone 6s with the cable supplied with the remote as well as an apple cable.

how much of latency you get? how much does it cost for the tablet +goggles, will it cost more than DJI 'S own goggles

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

£150 on amazon for k1
£300 cinemizer oled (still the best goggle in the world) from ebay
hdmi cable
Search Results - Aerialpixels

but you can hang the cinemizers on bridge of your nose and see above and below or use the cinemizer shield to block light out completely
I have a pair of cinemizers set up on my inspire 1 and my pro as well the only way to go if quality is what you want

K1 is such an old tablet but still seems to be popular. If someone was buying a tablet for their Mavic, is this the the most recommended?

My new (second) Nvidia Shield K1 is apparently defective. The little on-screen "radar" keeps spinning around with the "N" running around the dial about 1 revolution per minute. The map in the Maps application also just spins around my position...completely oblivious to direction despite attempts to calibrate the compass. Has anyone else had this problem? Here's a vid of the problem:

Crash as they say - " Necessity is the Mother of Invention" .
You seem like a function over form kinda guy and I like that!

At least you could have used two of the same type of pens for athletics :) LOL

I think I am going to go a similar route with my NVidia Shield Tablet.

I have some 5/16 Carbon fiber rod that is left over from another project that I could cut equal lengths from and use in place of the fancy pens. Not going to break that rod and wont get pen marks or leakage.
my kind of guy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu