DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Lumafusion on my iPad Pro to edit D-Log Mavic Pro 2 footage.

I am using Lightroom mobile for pictures on my iPad 2018. Now I need only luma fusion for movies and I don’t need laptop or pc anymore. Thats great!

I am using Lightroom mobile for pictures on my iPad 2018. Now I need only luma fusion for movies and I don’t need laptop or pc anymore. Thats great!

Lumafusion is amazing! I love working on the go at it ticks all of the boxes [emoji4]

Well, that’s true. I am also happy with my iPad as well. I am flying with it and working with pictures and movies at the same time.
Only one downside is that we can’t play 4 k videos on YouTube. Do you know is there any possibility to play 4 k content YouTube on iPads?

It just works.......[emoji173]️

This was shot at 2.7k 60fps and colour corrected using SkyGrade Natural LUTS.

Excellent video, very relaxing. The audio is great, love to know the source. Early morning which is my favorite. Really enjoyable from a personal observation. Thanks for posting!

Reactions: squashedant1970
I agree with Dan. Very relaxing! The music is perfect for the scene and the footage is beautiful. Thank you

How did you add the LUTS to Lumi? I thought they were only for Premiere or other desktop-type video editing software.

It's very easy to add a LUT to Luma Fusion:

How to I imports LUTs (.cube and .3dl files) into LumaFusion - Luma Touch Knowledge Base

You can import .cube and .3dl files from multiple sources like Google Drive, iCloud, etc.

Other than distortion correction, LumaFusion is a fully featured video editor that isn't a whole lot different from the desktop software.

Reactions: MGVision
Well, that’s true. I am also happy with my iPad as well. I am flying with it and working with pictures and movies at the same time.
Only one downside is that we can’t play 4 k videos on YouTube. Do you know is there any possibility to play 4 k content YouTube on iPads?

All iPads max out at 1080P on YouTube, even the Pro models, despite their screen resolutions being higher (closer to 1440p). They refuse to support Google's VP9 codec and therefore you will not see anything higher than 1080P. No iPad has a screen anywhere near 4K resolution so actual 4K viewing would be kind of pointless, but 1440P sure would be nice because 1080P looks like garbage on my 2018 iPad Pro 11".

You can't even watch 4K YouTube with an AppleTV 4K, it's pretty pathetic.

All iPads max out at 1080P on YouTube, even the Pro models, despite their screen resolutions being higher (closer to 1440p). They refuse to support Google's VP9 codec and therefore you will not see anything higher than 1080P. No iPad has a screen anywhere near 4K resolution so actual 4K viewing would be kind of pointless, but 1440P sure would be nice because 1080P looks like garbage on my 2018 iPad Pro 11".

You can't even watch 4K YouTube with an AppleTV 4K, it's pretty pathetic.

Hi CanadaDrone,

I’m curious how you come to this conclusion. I have an iPad Pro 12.9 that has screen resolution of 2732 X 2048. If you account for the aspect ratio differences, that’s roughly 4K resolution. Am I missing something?

Ken

Hi CanadaDrone,

I’m curious how you come to this conclusion. I have an iPad Pro 12.9 that has screen resolution of 2732 X 2048. If you account for the aspect ratio differences, that’s roughly 4K resolution. Am I missing something?

Ken

4K or UHD (not quite the same as 4K) resolution, even if 'trimmed' to the usual formats needs a horizontal pixel count of 3840, 3996, or 4096 depending on format (roughly 7-9MP depending on the matching vertical dimension) which the iPad Pro 12.9" is a long ways away from (about 5.6MP). If you start trimming it from both directions it's not really 4K anymore ;)

4K on a 12.9" 4:3 screen would deliver a ppi of 397 and the iPad Pro 12.9 is only 265ppi. 1440P (2.7K) is usually 2560X1440 (technically it is 2704X1520) which the iPad Pro matches almost exactly in the horizontal dimension. The screen itself is quite a ways away from 4K resolution even considering it's aspect ratio. If the iPad Pro 12.9" had a 4K screen, the resolution with it's aspect ratio would be 4096 X 3072.

If the iPad Pros were doing anywhere near 4K resolution, Apple's marketing folks would be all over it :)

Last edited:
4K or UHD (not quite the same as 4K) resolution, even if 'trimmed' to the usual formats needs a horizontal pixel count of 3840, 3996, or 4096 depending on format (roughly 7-9MP depending on the matching vertical dimension) which the iPad Pro 12.9" is a long ways away from (about 5.6MP). If you start trimming it from both directions it's not really 4K anymore ;)

4K on a 12.9" 4:3 screen would deliver a ppi of 397 and the iPad Pro 12.9 is only 265ppi. 1440P (2.7K) is usually 2560X1440 (technically it is 2704X1520) which the iPad Pro matches almost exactly in the horizontal dimension. The screen itself is quite a ways away from 4K resolution even considering it's aspect ratio. If the iPad Pro 12.9" had a 4K screen, the resolution with it's aspect ratio would be 4096 X 3072.

If the iPad Pros were doing anywhere near 4K resolution, Apple's marketing folks would be all over it :)

Thanks, I was thinking in terms of UHD (called 4K) at 3840 X 2160. I’m more of a TV versus an imaging guy. My iPad has the close to the required vertical resolution (2048 vs 2160) but comes up short on the horizontal dimension, 3.8k vs 2.7k. If it was a 16 X 9 aspect ratio (by stretching the horizontal) and kept the same pixel density it would be just about 4K. I guess that’s where I was going.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d