DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Using my Drone to tell a story: Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening

I have made a few films to a lesser extent than yours and I appreciate this work and how much effort it takes to get a final production of this caliber. Well done and weaving all the different parts of music video and overall landscape

Reactions: Nathan the OAF
I made this back in December, to try to tell the story of the famous Robert Frost poem. There are subtle things I'd change, but it has become one of my best videos so far.
BRAVO! BRAVO! That was excellent! Of all the videos I've seen here this has got to be the best. A great poem made even better by a great video interpretation. Incredible! Surreal! Epic! Congratulations on this video. WOW!

Everything that I felt about this film has been said above. Quite beautiful and on the practical front very done with your shot and sequence planning and execution. Am about to show the wife (not a drone fanatic like me) so she can see how a drone can be used as a key unit to help tell a story. Well done and thank you for letting us see it

Wrote here earlier and for some reason it didn’t post so try again. A quite beautiful film made with great skill and care. Inspired me to look Frost up-what a great writer. Well done to bring it to such a sensitively dramatic interpretation and I suspect a whole lot of us will wish we could conjure up such a masterpiece like this.

All I can say is, "Bravo...!" Otherwise I'm speechless...

Excellent work! You took me back almost 60 years to my elementary school days when I memorized that poem. I've often remembered that last line many times in my life, and you've brought it back to life in a most meaningful way!
Thanks!

Outstanding in concept and realization.

I will hold this up to drone video students as an amazing example of what can be done.

I’ve reviewed miles of drone-originated content… and believe you’re breaking new ground.

Of course I’ve not found everything out there! I would love to see other aerial imagery essays that explore artistic expression in these multiple media.

Stunning, one of the best I have seen! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Greetings from the UK.
Robert Frost once wrote that ‘Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words’. With your captivating video that thought has now found sensitive visual expression.
Thank you.

Thank you! The music has a very specific history - "Sleep" by Eric Whitacre. The words of the poem originally were the words of the music, but the Frost estate doesn;t allow his poetry to be set to music, so Whitacre re-wrote the lyrics with the help of a friend to what they are now.
That is an interesting history! I was curious as to what the situation is today with this poem: Was your use potentially infringing?

Well, if it was I wouldn’t be writing! I’m not the copyright police, but was interested to know more about it.

Per the American Bar Association Journal, this poem went into the public domain on Jan. 1, 2019. Which means, I think, that if Whitacre were to record today he could use the poem as a song lyric without infringing on the ownership rights of the Frost Estate.

As the creator, the OP has created a new work with Public Domain (Frost peom), copyrighted works (Sleep the recorded song), and the OP’s original imagery. New copyright clock starts.

For those interested in such minutiae, Sleep the recorded song is licensed for distribution on Youtube by direct arrangement of YT and the music publisher.

How quickly we get into complicated ownership when we make projects with multiple media sources.

Note that I am not an attorney, and nothing above should be construed as legal advice on copyright. I’m just curious about this stuff…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom