DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Using way points to contrast day into night Cityscapes - Cork Ireland

I've noticed doing these type videos , the GPS track / video footage doesn't always match up exactly , sometimes its a few meters left or right or a bit higher etc , sometimes its exactly the same . Anyone know how to , or even if its possible to reduce the variance . I always try to shoot in a windless a day as possible to minimize drift due to wind when flying waypoints. Thanks in advance

The GPS chips in most of the DJI drones are not accurate enough to avoid these mismatches. The only way to make improvements is in post by making corrections in all 3 dimensions (x, y, and zoom).

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
The GPS chips in most of the DJI drones are not accurate enough to avoid these mismatches. The only way to make improvements is in post by making corrections in all 3 dimensions (x, y, and zoom).
I was thinking as much , you wouldnt use waypoints to fly under a bridge so

I've noticed doing these type videos , the GPS track / video footage doesn't always match up exactly , sometimes its a few meters left or right or a bit higher etc , sometimes its exactly the same . Anyone know how to , or even if its possible to reduce the variance . I always try to shoot in a windless a day as possible to minimize drift due to wind when flying waypoints. Thanks in advance

That's just the inherent error in the GPS system. The US standard calls for broadcasting signals that are accurate to <6.6 feet for 95% of the time. Local effects can further reduce accuracy. See below.

"GPS-enabled smartphones are typically accurate to within a 4.9 m (16 ft.) radius under open sky (VIEW SOURCE AT ION.ORG). However, their accuracy worsens near buildings, bridges, and trees."

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
Nice job guys!

That's just the inherent error in the GPS system. The US standard calls for broadcasting signals that are accurate to <6.6 feet for 95% of the time. Local effects can further reduce accuracy. See below.

"GPS-enabled smartphones are typically accurate to within a 4.9 m (16 ft.) radius under open sky (VIEW SOURCE AT ION.ORG). However, their accuracy worsens near buildings, bridges, and trees."
Thanks for that , I always wondered about the accuracy .

I like it! Great fades from day to night.

Anyone know how to align these clips better using Da vinci resolve software ? how do you drag or skew the video so that the clips align better. Can't find a tutorial on YT

It's not a deficiency in the drone's chips; it's the GPS signal that limits precise positioning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1