DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USS Battleship New Jersey

Nice job, except that you beat me to it! Just had dinner on her less that 2 weeks ago with some of my old Navy buddies. Since then I've been thinking of flying there to get some shots for my friends, but it looks like it is a bit of a challenge with the heliport just across the river. Glad you were able to do it.

Reactions: Dr. Bill 1969
Incredible that flight is allowed near such a vessel.
Not sure if it’s in active service, but I’d think they may be concerned about drones flying near over.
Anyone know the general rule on this ?
Maybe they have temporary NFZs ?
Great footage and a magnificent ship.

Not sure if it’s in active service, but I’d think they may be concerned about drones flying near over.
Since it is a museum ship the NFZ for active ships does not apply. Also that location is Class G airspace.

I didn't THINK battleships were relevant (or in as greater use) today as they were decades back.
Just wondered why it wasn't shot down ha ha. ?

No battleships in service anywhere in any navy in the world. The last battleship was "stricken" in 2014 from the United States Navy. The craft were obsolete(other than as gun platforms) when they were built.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
WOW WOW WOW

I am Canadian and my massive bucket list item is to see an Iowa class battleship up close. Truly amazing ships, massive firepower, and massive armour. I do not wish to join the debate on the relevance of battleships in the modern navy but man it would be nice for her to fire her guns in anger one more time

It is a floating museum and not in a no fly zone.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos