DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

v1.0.4 coming real soon?

Nice find, I have just checked Apple's App store no update as of yet.

I wonder if we have a MM firmware update coming as well, fingers crossed.

Reactions: Ramacher
Since we should always check for updates before heading out to the field, a nice improvement to DJI Fly would be the ability to check for firmware updates without having to connect to the Mini -- the app should be able to remember what it's been connected to. Powering up and packing away again just to do that is a PITA. Alternatively, is there a web page that reliably shows when updates are available?

I guess it’s safe to assume we will need to wait longer for full screen iPad support

FYI AppStore Connect is back from their 4-day holiday, so this is no longer a possible blocker for the release of the iOS 1.0.4 app.

The waiting is killing me can’t fly at home and somewhat inconvenient to get in the car to go somewhere to fly ?

Mark

Just came out last night for android, does anyone know if it is available for apple yet?

I would imagine so as apple usually gets updates before android....

Thank you!
The Google play auto update does not offer me an update, the App Version on Android is 1.0.1
And then I've found version 1.0.4 here on the official DJI page. Click on Android and it will serve you the right version. :)

Enjoy flying..

Does anyone know how to get a verified account? Or better said, where to enter the phone or the credit card ?

This is the answer I got today from flysafe support
We now provide the Advance Unlocking for the GEO system so that you can unlock the Authorization Zones by yourself.
Here are two methods of unlocking Authorization Zones by yourself.

1. Use the latest DJI GO Fly app and log in with your DJI account. When you are in the zone area, please make sure the mobile device has internet access. There will be a warning message in the DJI Fly app asking you to unlock the zone. Then please follow the instruction in the app to unlock the Authorization Zone.

2. If you will not be able to access the internet in the Authorization Zone, you can use the Flight Planner on the GEO website to unlock it in advance. DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Please go to "APP--General setting--About"page to update all the firmware and flysafe databse to be the latest ones, otherwise your unlocking may fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: caleb1
Saw it this morning and downloaded it but no chance to
try it out yet.

I've found that Play tends to show your current version as the new version until you install the update and then run it.

If you manually installed the app before, you'll also have to manually install the updates.

Reactions: netsonic
Bingo! That's exactly how I've solved it, by uninstall and new manual installation.

My ud for iOS just showed up with other udz as an auto download for my iPad this morning.
I’ll do the Mini itself later.

Anyone know what the V1.0.4 update does? Mine updated this morning without a hitch and flies same. I can't see difference as of yet. Anyone know what the update changes?

Anyone know what the V1.0.4 update does? Mine updated this morning without a hitch and flies same. I can't see difference as of yet. Anyone know what the update changes?

Sure! Here is the info via Official release notes

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.12.31
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
  • Remote Controller: v01.00.0400
  • DJI Fly App iOS: V1.0.4
  • DJI Fly App Android: V1.0.4

What’s New?
  • Added feature to unlock GEO zones (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later).
  • Added feature that disables takeoff when the GPS signal is weak (GPS <8) and the environment light is not sufficient. This feature can be disabled manually (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later).
  • Added requirement for compass calibration before takeoff when the environment light is not sufficient and the compass experiences interference.
  • Adjusted flight altitude and distance in payload mode.
  • Added warning prompt for battery cycles.
  • Reduced noise during self-diagnostics after powering on.
  • Fixed issue: linking was abnormal in some regions.

Since we should always check for updates before heading out to the field, a nice improvement to DJI Fly would be the ability to check for firmware updates without having to connect to the Mini -- the app should be able to remember what it's been connected to. Powering up and packing away again just to do that is a PITA. Alternatively, is there a web page that reliably shows when updates are available?
It does this already - just
opening the app will offer to download the latest firmware without connecting to RC or Drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom