DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Variable ND Filters for your Mavic 2 Pro

Birthday coming up so I will put the hint out, if that doesn't work I intend to buy myself.
Will post my opinion eventually.

Reactions: MGVision
As one of they new pilots to drones... ND filters my themselves vs ND filters with polarizer?

As with still cameras, glass quality (Translates into $$) is important. When it comes to drones?

I use ND filers & a polar on my Sony a7II and stack them. With a drone, I have no experience.

Thanks!

Just got the Freewell VND delivered yesterday. Didn't have chance to try in air but tried in room to see if it shows X at darkest settings as someone said somewhere I can't remember; luckily I didn't see any.

I bought the set for two reasons.

1. I have the fixed ND/PL from Freewell. They are very good. However I can't shoot panorama photos with those filters because the sky light will be filtered to different extents due to the changing angles.

2. I really hate swapping the filters as they're tight and everytime I worried I might break the gimbal. With VND I hope I don't have to taking it off very often.

[Edit] just finished watching the video in OP. That guy Ian said everything I said here. Lol

Last edited:
Yes I got a set of variable ND filters on my birthday :) 2 to 5 & 6 to 9.
Only had the chance for a short test as the wind and rain won't go away for long.
Verdict so far is get yourself some.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard