DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vashon Island WA checking in!

thombusc

Reactions
My Mavic arrived yewterday. I have been fussing with it trying to get the 0500 firmware update to stick but no luck so far. Both app and USB/PC installs failed on the drone. Controller does not seem to be the problem. DJI suport suggested I send it in for repair, but I think it shoud jusy be replaced witha brand new one. Not fixed or replaced with a refurb.

Still a few option to try, including reformatting the SD card. If anyone out theer has had a similar issue updating to 0500 let me know.

Tom B
Vashon WA

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

What exactly happens when the install fails from DJI GO 4?

It stalls out at around 68-88% Then announces the update failed and has me send in a bug report and retry...which I have done a dozen times or so. Same deal with the USB/PC route. I'll post the problem in the help forum...I figure it may get me more attention.

**** I really want to fly this thing! My son got this for me for Christmas and it finally showed up yesterday....

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Is it failing while the update is downloading or after it downloads and you click the "Start Update" button to install the update?

DLs fine, then stalls. Just tried it again with the 0400 patch and it did the same thing. Stalled out at 68%.

So, what happens if I reformat the micro SD card?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joel_du05