DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ver 4.1.17 is out now!!

Here's a weird one. My iphone 7+ with iOS 11.1 and Go4 app version 4.1.16 was a bit flakey the last few times I flew. Sometimes it would be fine...and sometimes the compass/radar on app (little red triangle bottom left of app's display) would be off by approx. 20 to 45 degrees. This morning, I decided to perform IMU calibration (I've never performed this since I purchased it back in Oct/Nov 2016...and never had issues until I accidentally updated the Go4 app many versions ago...before we were forced to use Go4).

Anyway...after IMU calibration, I flew indoors and outdoors flawlessly. Yes, even my compass/radar was correct. The weird thing was that I had 10-11 satellites indoors, in the middle of my living room. Before IMU calibration, I've never connected to satellites from my living room. I would always fly in "atti mode" indoors. In addition to that, it was a very cloudy/overcast morning.

I'll have to fly more to confirm this morning's results...but so far I'm happy...so I'm not going to update to 4.1.17 just yet.

Below is photo from the middle of my living room.
View attachment 24608
I took it out for a short test flight and it's back to normal!GO 4 V 4.1.17.jpg

Reactions: Dabox and Keule
Still no go on the iPhone 7 Plus. This is ridiculous.

I had the same issue with my iphone 7 plus and ios 11.1. And dji go .15 and .16 but the weird part is that my app would connect with my ipad air running ios 11.1 beta and dji go 4.12. What i did i revert the go app back to 4.12 on the iphone via itunes and charles proxy but still did not work. So i wiped the phone back to factory on itunes, reverted back to ios 11.0.2 installed dji go 4.12. Boom problem solved. App connected. I then upgraded to 11.1 to see if it was the ios that was bad because the ipad had 11.1 and was working fine. So i upgraded. And everything worked fine. Im not upgrading the Go app until DJi gets this crap sorted. Its a pain in the *** to have to factory restore your phone. But back it up. And once you have 4.12 in your itunes restore the phone back from the backup delete your current dji go app and install an older version from itunes. Look on youtube there are tons of tutorials.i was having a hard time getting Charles proxy to work because the settings are not set right when you install it but if you set it right you can have your old Go app in 5 mins. Its not Ios 11 thats broken its the app.

this is the video to roll back

this one explains how to fix Charles proxy when it doesn’t connect.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
I had the same issue with my iphone 7 plus and ios 11.1. And dji go .15 and .16 but the weird part is that my app would connect with my ipad air running ios 11.1 beta and dji go 4.12. What i did i revert the go app back to 4.12 on the iphone via itunes and charles proxy but still did not work. So i wiped the phone back to factory on itunes, reverted back to ios 11.0.2 installed dji go 4.12. Boom problem solved. App connected. I then upgraded to 11.1 to see if it was the ios that was bad because the ipad had 11.1 and was working fine. So i upgraded. And everything worked fine. Im not upgrading the Go app until DJi gets this crap sorted. Its a pain in the *** to have to factory restore your phone. But back it up. And once you have 4.12 in your itunes restore the phone back from the backup delete your current dji go app and install an older version from itunes. Look on youtube there are tons of tutorials.i was having a hard time getting Charles proxy to work because the settings are not set right when you install it but if you set it right you can have your old Go app in 5 mins. Its not Ios 11 thats broken its the app.

this is the video to roll back

this one explains how to fix Charles proxy when it doesn’t connect.
Yes it was the app!:mad: Why can't DJI just admit when they have a problem, instead of trying to pass it off on everyone else? And in GO 4 V 4.1.17 it doesn't say one word about repairing the app to run with the new iOS system!:rolleyes: On another forum there was a DJI rep wanting people to connect their iPhones to a PC and send their iOS files to them for examination!:eek:

Ron, so glad to hear you are back in business. BTW nice photo. You still have some color there. All our leaves are gone.
Thanks,and yes the leaves are just peaking here, just a little later than normal. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to be able to get airborne, and get any photo's at all, before they sent out a "patch" for the app! DJI needs to slow down then back up and take a look at what is working, and what isn't! Before releasing new updates (that most don't use anyway),and start telling the truth, about what is in the update. Did you notice that GO 4 V 4.1.17 just showed up out of thin air, like a orphan left on your front door steps at midnight!

Last edited:
Hi, I've just received my mavic, I've downloaded DJI GO 4.1.17 on Ipad mini 4 ios 11.03
after login I select enter device but it shows black screen and on the top left is written Disconnected..
on the controller is written GPS MODE.. the rear light of the Mavic is green and blinking..
I've tried to connect Ipad to the RC with apple lightning cable disconnecting the small cable included on the RC but none difference..
where is the problem?
thanks

Check with other cable and after close the app clear it from background list to. Then turn on again and you should connecting to the MP.

Yes it was the app!:mad: Why can't DJI just admit when they have a problem, instead of trying to pass it off on everyone else? And in GO 4 V 4.1.17 it doesn't say one word about repairing the app to run with the new iOS system!:rolleyes: On another forum there was a DJI rep wanting people to connect their iPhones to a PC and send their iOS files to them for examination!:eek:
Its always the App they keep on adding crap instead of leaving what works. I learned my lesson i missed so many shots because my mavic was basically a door stopper for weeks until i could rollback the app.

Not to defend DJI developer's, But, Apple made some major changes to their iOS between 10 and 11 and there is significant difference in the hardware from iPhone 6 thru X. I am really surprised that the app is as good as it is. That be said, I do feel bad for those of you that continue to have problems. I am glad I am not an Android user. Seems they even have more and/or bigger problems.

Apple made some major changes to their iOS between 10 and 11 and there is significant difference in the hardware from iPhone 6 thru X
Yes, you are right. And in addition, as Apple was 'rushing' to release IOS 11 to the public, it was really not complete ready for general use.

We saw IOS versions being released nearly on "weekly" basis.

and as we speak today:

Hopefully that update train slows down in the next weeks a little bit.

Not to defend DJI developer's, But, Apple made some major changes to their iOS between 10 and 11 and there is significant difference in the hardware from iPhone 6 thru X. I am really surprised that the app is as good as it is. That be said, I do feel bad for those of you that continue to have problems. I am glad I am not an Android user. Seems they even have more and/or bigger problems.

the thing is that i was back in iOS 11 beta back in august and 4.12 never skipped a beat which means that version of the app worked properly with it. once 4.15 came out it completely broke. as a matter of fact my iPad air is still on iOS 11 beta the latest build and 4.12 is working fine with it.

Yeah,it's not like DJI didn't see it coming! I'm almost thinking with the release of their "Crystal Sky" monitor, that they now aren't as interested in iOS as their bread and butter, anymore. You can almost bet anyone using the Crystal Sky wasn't having problems with the updates!

Reactions: Brojon
Yeah,it's not like DJI didn't see it coming! I'm almost thinking with the release of their "Crystal Sky" monitor, that they now aren't as interested in iOS as their bread and butter, anymore. You can almost bet anyone using the Crystal Sky wasn't having problems with the updates!
Ron, you may have hit the nail on the head. Didn't think of that.

Doesn't say, but I hope it fixed the iPhone 7+ problem and doesn't create any more problems for the rest of us.

After hours of messing with it - I think I found the fix. By any chance did you do the IOS update over the air as opposed to connected to your computer?

I stopped at FW v01.03.0700 and recently rolled back the app to v4.0.8. I couldn't be happier. Bird and app locked down. And unless I run into any issues, the bird will live out the rest of her life with this firmware/software combination.

And I locked down my iPad Air Pro @ iOS 1.11 (15B93), and don't plan on ever updating that, either.

Hey All when you speak of the DJI Go App, is it actually DJIGo4? I haven't flown my Mavic yet,but I do use the DJI Go on my Inspire 1 and assumed DJI GO 4 for Mavic? Am I wrong?

Hey All when you speak of the DJI Go App, is it actually DJIGo4? I haven't flown my Mavic yet,but I do use the DJI Go on my Inspire 1 and assumed DJI GO 4 for Mavic? Am I wrong?
Its GO4 for Mavic, yes.

No update for the Mavic, no new features or bug fixes
Nope it's all Spark,and NFZ's! They did put a fix in 4.1.17 and now iOS works, but they will never admit it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe